north central washington state

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by tonasket, Oct 20, 2004.

1. tonasket

tonasket Well-Known Member

Hi there, new to the board, my user name is tonasket, husband and i have bought 5 acres up by the canadian border in washington state, plan to move there full time in 18 months, when daughter graduates. no power, there is a phone line, putting in a well next spring, can not wait. Wondering if there's anyone up in the oroville, omak, tonasket area? love the lifestyle, life, heart of homesteading, reading all i can, gathering as much as i can now to prepare for the move won't be working off the land when we move. feel free to email me directly too. moonyard1@yahoo.com

2. GREEN_ALIEN

GREEN_ALIEN Sunny, Wet, Tornadoey SD!

Maybe we will see you around...

We are waiting for ours to graduate as well. Six months to go. We are looking around the Cape Labelle area.....

3. tonasket

we looked there too, but they had a lot of restrictions, we wanted none of those, that's part of the reason to move to such a reomote area, right now we are in the tri cities. where are you now?

4. kjerckie

kjerckie Well-Known Member

I'm in Yelm, WA close to Olymipia. I've been to Omak, nice area. I like Eastern WA for the smell of the sage brush and open country. If I take a road trip, I head over White Pass. Good luck with your new lives.

5. GREEN_ALIEN

We are in Everett right now.

OOPS I made a mistake maybe lol.... I was not talking about the Cape Labelle area out the Aenneas Valley Road, I meant to refer to Cape Labelle road area off of highway 20 just about to the top of Wauconda Pass, about a mile from the Wauconda Cafe. The are no restrictions in this area and only 4-5 little farms. It does not connect to the 'other' cape labelle lol.

We decided long ago that we wanted nothing to do with anything up the Aenneas valley, no matter how attractive the price.

6. tonasket

We went through hanna realty, you can look at their easy owner contract properties at hannarealty.com they were excellent to work with. lot's of property, though it's going fast. can't wait to move and be there full time.

7. The Dirt Weasel

The Dirt Weasel New Member

My wife and I also purchased land from the fine folks (Ric Gerig) at Hanna Realty....17.55 Acres and a Small log cabin.....
    NO $$$ DOWN!!!
    We will be living just outside of Chesaw on Buckhorn Mtn.
    We are also off-grid
    We will be doin' the Generator/Battery Bank/Inverter for our power needs
    Propane fer' the Hot water and fridge
    and a spring fer' water
    We move in January Brrrrrr I know .....we are movin from AZ

The Dirt Weasel & Wife

8. jerneeon

jerneeon Well-Known Member

You live in Tri-cities? I'm in Walla Walla.

9. GREEN_ALIEN

Follow the link below for a picture of the homestead...lol...we hope. In the process right now.

We tried to buy this place about 18 months ago and 2 days before closing the owners found they had a unknown lienholder who would not release unless they had about a half a mil. on a place worth less than 80K. Needless to say it didn't close...

So time passes and a stroke of luck passes my way. The owners emailed me last night and asked if I was still interested. This time no lien holder , no realtors, everyone saves.

10. mschrief

mschrief New Member

Next month I'm moving to Graham, Washington where my sweetie has 5 acres and is building a house.

We plan on having weaner pigs, chickens, goats and a large garden. We figure in 5 years we will be fairly self-sustaining.

Mary

11. bryon huff

bryon huff Well-Known Member

we have 40 on cape lebelle and we love it the only thing we dont like is a realastate guy silver jime platt youwill pay 3 times land prices we got are land from dave hanna jim wants 60k for 20 he must be smoking crack ha ha and we have no restrictions .lots of land burnd this year up hear burnt bread fire

12. bryon huff

16 days deer season

13. mrglock27

mrglock27 Well-Known Member

hey kjerckie, I'm in yelm too, off of mtn. vista drive on bald hill road. My wife and I got 5 acres.

14. mrglock27

my friend has 2 20 acre lots in molson paid 25k for 1 lot, 17k for the other. The property is all trees about 75 yrs old. Tons of deer and elk, and the neigbor next door said he saw some moose in the winter.

15. bryon huff

elk in molson thats new

16. mrglock27

There's a gravel road on the right just before the little museum area, go up the road about 2 miles and then my friends property is on the right. Anywho we were over looking a little pond by his place hunting for deer and a heard of about 20 elk came out of the woods and they were stomping on the ice so they could drink. one 5 by 5 and all the rest cows. I guess it's not open to elk hunting though in that gmu.

17. bryon huff

gmu 101 should be open or 204 most of the state is as long it not firearm restrition area spike only in eastern wa

18. tonasket

we are in the mt. hull area, also bought from Hanna Realty, great people, very satisfied customers, no restrictions, 5 acres all trees, was up there last week a neighbor a mile away had their home burn down and on sunday there was a little fire across the road from us put out very quickly thank goodness. i guess we have a mama and two bear cubs in area according to the neighbor. take care

19. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

I tried the website, but it doesn't come up. Did you post the correct spelling?

We're in Bellingham, also along the border, but prices are soooo high here right now that I'm just itching to find a larger space for a little less. We spotted some land in Toledo...anyone familiar with prices in that area? (Mt St Helens) There was a sign, for sale by owner, $5K an acre, 5 acre tracts. It's nearly 5 times the price here!

20. bryon huff

tonasket is your husbands name dan