Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article on DOD website. http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=123359

How long before the article is pulled down?

WASHINGTON, Oct. 8, 2014 – The potential spread of Ebola into Central and Southern America is a real possibility, the commander of U.S. Southern Command told an audience at the National Defense University here yesterday.

“By the end of the year, there’s supposed to be 1.4 million people infected with Ebola and 62 percent of them dying, according to the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],” Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly said. “That’s horrific. And there is no way we can keep Ebola [contained] in West Africa.”

If it comes to the Western Hemisphere, many countries have little ability to deal with an outbreak of the disease, the general said. “So, much like West Africa, it will rage for a period of time,” Kelly said.

This is a particularly possible scenario if the disease gets to Haiti or Central America, he said. If the disease gets to countries like Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador, it will cause a panic and people will flee the region, the general said. “If it breaks out, it’s literally, ‘Katie bar the door,’ and there will be mass migration into the United States,” Kelly said. “They will run away from Ebola, or if they suspect they are infected, they will try to get to the United States for treatment.”

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Yep, today I'm canning 24 quarts of spaghetti meat sauce, tomorrow 30 quarts of Brunswick stew. Maybe this weekend I'll do some tuna fish casserole mix.

I've already put my range markers out.

I'm not really concerned though, obama said the border is more secure now than ever!

·
Banned
292 Posts
Last year it was H1N1 and Al Qaida. This year it's Ebola and "ISIS". The names change but the fear mongering and those who fall for it never will.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Article on DOD website. http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=123359

How long before the article is pulled down?

Back to the Thread Topic - Unless it's really about bashing Obama.

He's right and we all know it. Ebola has to be contained to Africa. Or we will see a flood of people coming to America. And some of them might be American Citizens who just happen to be living in countries of infection.

Everyone who wants the borders closed might want to petition their gov. reps or anyone else that will listen. Don't give any of us much hope of closing the borders though.

I've been topping off my preps and making inventories myself. Don't know what else I can do other than complain.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,912 Posts
Last year it was H1N1 and Al Qaida. This year it's Ebola and "ISIS". The names change but the fear mongering and those who fall for it never will.
Shame on you. I hardly think the families of the beheading victims consider the publicity as "fear mongering". Likewise the family of the Dallas ebola victim who are still under quarantine. Just because you don't believe something will affect you personally, doesn't mean you should be callous towards the ones who are affected, or poo poo it altogether. We're all in this together, whether we like it or not.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Politicians are politicians.

If ebola is rampant in South and Central America, first border to be closed will be Mexico's southern border. The next will be the U.S. southern border.

When people are worried they and half their family will die, all the sudden the political reasons for having an open border go out the window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts