No Hot Flases for Homestead Women?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by chickflick, Jun 15, 2004.

1. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Hmm.... just curious..... Last week I offered my Hot Flash Ender aromatherapy on the barter board and .. although 59 people LOOKED no one ordered? Does this mean Homestead women do not have hot flashes? Hmmm... Or maybe we all work so hard we can't tell the difference? OR.. too young for hot flashes? More studies needed on this 'Homestead Woman Phenonemon'!! :)

(here's the ebay link, just in case You're interested:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67589&item=5500626656&rd=1

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

I'm too young for hot flashes but I think when the time comes, it being so absolutely freaking hot here, I might not notice. Either that or I'll have an instant heat stroke :) Best wishes with your invention :)

3. Homesteader

Homesteader Well-Known Member

Oh trust me you'll notice them. Wow they're awful, like your insides begin to heat up til you boil over.

I don't have them cuz I take a hormone pill everyday, had a hyster. at age 30, and I have to trouble. Otherwise I might have been interested.

4. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

I must have missed that on the barter board. I won't say that I have begun to have hot flashes but I have definitely had a few power surges.... :)
    Tana Mc

5. caroline00

caroline00 Well-Known Member

I am 51 and have had *no* hot flashes...
    neither did my mom

but we rarely eat meat too. That might have a lot to do with it...

6. I'm 53 & have never had one. (We eat meat 3 times a day). I do use progesterone cream to control migranes though. Maybe that is the reason.

7. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

I had an emergency hysterectomy about 18 months ago after nearly dying from bleeding. I can take NO hormone therapy and have had a few hot flashes but nothing that I couldn't live through. I am 52. My mother, 82, went through normal menopause and never had a hot flash (although she had mood swings you wouldn't believe!!!).

8. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife says they aren't hot flashes - they're power surges.

9. Gina

Gina Active Member

Well, they say your hormones can start fluctuating as early as your 30's. And true to form, I'm in my 30's and I get "power surges" too. But then, my 15 year old daughter gets them during PMS too.

Gina

10. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Add lymphoma to menopause and it's more like 'atomic meltdown'! Tried all the herbs, nothing helps and can't take the hormones. Sooo.....

11. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

My youngest daughter had an hysterectomy at age 21 and she doesn't have hot flashes so much as she has mood swings. she is now 31.

I read somewhere that a lot of it is 90% mental so I try to keep a positive attitude. I can't take any of the recommended herbs (because of my severe allergies) and I can't take (and wouldn't if I could) the hormones.

I like the thought of them being "power surges!"

The normal summer heat affects me MUCH MUCH MUCH more than it ever did before. Like this morning I need to dig only TWO post holes, 18 inches deep. I've had to stop halfway in the middle of the first post hole to rest! Blah!!! But I'm about to go back out there!

12. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Ah, ha.... so you'll be trying my aromatherpy roll-on? (Money back if doesn't work for you!:):)

13. Homesteader

Homesteader Well-Known Member

One of the ladies in my quilt group refers to them as "personal summers"! Is that great or what?

14. Barb

Barb Well-Known Member

No money and they are finally getting less frequent. So I'm gritting it out.

90% mental! :haha: :haha: :haha: I don't think so!!!

15. Amy Jo

Amy Jo Well-Known Member

Occasionally I get a hot flash, but then my hubby puts his shirt back on and I cool right back down... :eek:

Oh... not those kinds of hot flashes, huh? :D

No, not yet.

16. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

The flashes are annoying but bearable. It's the interuppted sleep that's the killer. You spend half the night flinging off the covers or trying to find them again. The cat is afraid to sleep anywhere near the bed. Then there's the flushed face which makes everyone think you are guilty about something and blushing. I am allergic to fragrances so will have to bypass aroma therapy. Is there a certain herb that can be ingested as tea, perhaps?

17. bearkiller

bearkiller Well-Known Member

Ladies,

We men suffer from our very own hormonal perversions too. I mean physiological perversions, thank you very much! What I wanted to suggest is a visit to the Life Extension Foundation's website and spend a little time researching your problem for natural solutions. Lots of information there and especially in the "Diseases..." book.

www.lef.org

Lots of good practical advice for all of us.

bearkiller

18. Thumper/inOkla.

Thumper/inOkla. Well-Known Member

I'm amost 40 and have had them for 10 years now, they bother hubby far more than me, he made me go to the dr. and get tested,-- ppppth! on the dr.-- the test said I wasn't having them, HA, fat lot that test shows! I really like them in winter, I drink coffee to try and induce them sometimes, during a hotflash is the only time my feet feel warm.

And there have been times that the woodfire burns low on winter nights when we can sleep without covers because I put out so much heat. So I'm all infavor of power surges, but, I use a progesterone cream if simptoms get bad. Interresting side effect of the progesterone, I get in the mood to make babies.

19. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

Our family history drags "menopause" out for 10 to 15 years. Mother had it, grandmother had it, I've had it, thank goodness I had no daughters to pass it on to. It is not funny if you have the genetics for it. Lucky if you don't have to suffer it. It's kind of like having a really bad case of the flu (hot and cold, achy all over, headaches, sinuses, skin feels crawly, and you can't stand to be touched, oh, yes, and loud or high-pitched noises actually hurt! Thank God for hormone therapy.

20. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Greetings from Montana: I am 52 and a smoker, so of course I am in pre menopause. Who cares, I cant tell if I am sweating all over from hot flashes or because I am working myself to death clearing the land. I have HRT to take if it bothers me but so far it is just a part of life>