No babies yet.. sigh

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cjb, May 23, 2006.

1. cjb

cjb Well-Known Member Supporter

No babies yet and Mommy is looking pretty dang uncomfortable. Still gets up to eat with enthusiasm, though, so not especially worried about her.

I talked to the local breeder and, by everything I told her, it really sounds like she is due anytime from today through this weekend.

Please pray that she and her sister both deliver this weekend as I have to fly out of town a week from today and don't want to be gone for this.

cliff

2. ChickenMom

ChickenMom Well-Known Member

I feel your pain! LOL
    I have one doing the same thing. I sure hope yours comes soon, I'm praying for you.

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Goats wait for the most inconventient time, LOL!

We had one Nubian that was due the week prior to Christmans Eve and waited til the truck was packed and we were literally fixing to go to Houston to be with the family for Christmas Eve. We had to delay our journey for a spell, deliver those kids, make sure they nursed a bit.........and then leave them still wet and take off for the two hour drive to Houston. We just KNEW they would be dead when we got back Christmas Day evening as the does udder was a terrible pendolous one that was hard for them to nurse AND there was actually cold weather. But lo and behold, those two little Boer cross bucklings were as vigorous as ever! What a wonderful relief!

4. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Cliff, do you have any babies yet?? I have been looking for a post.

5. cjb

cjb Well-Known Member Supporter

No and I'm going to call the breeder and see if she can come check her.

Her feet are starting to get a little hot and puffy so I think she's getting some edema? She has a hard time walking now like she has a pinched nerve or is just sore. I'm really wondering if she isn't carrying triplets. Last time she only had one but that was her first. Not sure if she would jump from 1 to 3 but.... she's ginormous.

cliff

6. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

My first doe had a single then triplets. It's possible and even probably likely. Let us know what the breeder says!

7. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

pray for a thunderstorm, ours always had their kids in the WORST weather possible weather it was snow and ice or rain and hail, that may do the trick lol,
    but i know how it is to wait and wait, have the breeder come check to be sure that way all your bases are coverd

8. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

i would be very concerned about her legs looking puffy. i would be wondering if she has ketosis? is she still eating good for you? what would be the latest due date on her?

9. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

The second time we had a goat have babies it was with our first freshner, she had triplets right off the bat, the next time she had twins. Good Luck with her, I will be praying. Bye.