Ninety-nine packets of seeds on the wall...

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by CurtisWilliams, Aug 2, 2005.

1. CurtisWilliams

CurtisWilliams Well-Known Member

North of Omaha, on the banks of the 'Muddy Mo'
    Just got back from the feed store with an unexpected bonanza of seeds. They had all of their left over seeds from American seed co. marked down to a penny. Yup, one cent for a pack, that normally sells for 59 cents. They didn't have much of a selection left, and only had 99 packs of veggie seeds left. I bought them all. I have 99 packs of sweet basil, onions, yellow squash, lettuce, cauliflower and cabbage. Lots and lots of cabbage. About 40 packs. Not my favorite veggies, but at a penny, I can learn to love them. We also got 12 packs of flower seeds, marigolds and alyssum.

Not a bad haul for $1.11. Can anyone beat that?

2. jesducky

jesducky Well-Known Member

Wow - what a bargain. Don't think I've ever gotten one as good as that. Way to go! :rock:

3. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

Holey Moley, HECK no!

Congrats on your ultimate score! You could always feed cabbage to your chickens!

hollym

4. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

Wow, what a great bargain. Now you can sing the little song, "Here a seed, there a seed, everywhere a good seed" as you plant. Lucky you!

5. .Marie.

.Marie. Registered Human

Great deal, Curtis!

I have a deal for you, too...if you don't need all those seeds, I'll pay you ten cents for each packet that I could use. I'll even include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope. Interested?