Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,210 Posts
I didn’t say “what I got.” I responded with what I wanted to say. There is a difference.

·
The Renegade...
1,999 Posts
All 9 Yankees were injected with a single shot of Johnson & Johnson, which is 72% effective. But even in the 28% gap, the seriousness of the infection is greatly reduced. 7 of the 9 Yankees were asymptomatic, and one has already recovered from symptoms.

Because MLB has a more frequent testing regimen than the general public, close study of this sample will be really helpful in understanding more about the breakthrough infections.

Folks, this is evidence of vaccination working, and expecting a 100% efficacy rate would either be scientifically naive or the set up for a straw man argument.
It’s evidence of the propaganda working and that’s about it...

·
Sock puppet reinstated
24,511 Posts
Vaccines are not 100 percent effective. The more people that are vaccinated in a population, the less chance that the virus will be spread to those that either cannot be vaccinated or that it does not work on.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Kinda like me having antibodies from previous covid exposure, have been tested for months. But I have no idea when I caught it. My doctor doesn't recommend the shot until there is information on how this would effect my health.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
And it could be the test is not accurate and never has been.

I know as person that just last week went to about 18 tests in 5 days. She needed 3 negative tests in a row to board a plane to Turks and Caicos. If she didn't get it they would have been out lots of money.

They barely made it on the plane but my point is she may not have even had it at all. She had more negative ones than positive. Just not three in a row.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I think it's great that none ended up in hospital or suffered any long term effects but nine does seem like an awful high number of breakthrough infections.
If the vax is 75% effective, then the 9 represents the 25% of 36...There are 25 players on the roster + 5 coaches + only 6 more from the front office gives us 36....There's probably more than 6 from the front office & locker room personnel (Mr Wilhelm, George Steinbrenner, George Costanza and the black guy that looks like Sugar Ray- that's 4 right there) so 9 break thru cases is probably a low number.

The vax's by other makers are about 75% effective after only one shot also, but they apparently applied for licensure on the basis of their 95% effectiveness after a booster shot....J&J apparently applied based on the single shot. I don't know why. Maybe theirs didn't show much improvement after a booster?

The real question is why did the FDA approve a late, "me too" application with such inferior results?..Being from Chicago, I'm always skeptical of govt processes and suspect corruption.

·
Administrator
19,743 Posts
If the vax is 75% effective, then the 9 represents the 25% of 36...There are 25 players on the roster + 5 coaches + only 6 more from the front office gives us 36....There's probably more than 6 from the front office & locker room personnel (Mr Wilhelm, George Steinbrenner, George Costanza and the black guy that looks like Sugar Ray- that's 4 right there) so 9 break thru cases is probably a low number.

The vax's by other makers are about 75% effective after only one shot also, but they apparently applied for licensure on the basis of their 95% effectiveness after a booster shot....J&J apparently applied based on the single shot. I don't know why. Maybe theirs didn't show much improvement after a booster?

The real question is why did the FDA approve a late, "me too" application with such inferior results?..Being from Chicago, I'm always skeptical of govt processes and suspect corruption.
I understand the desire to vaccinate a much of the planet as quickly as possible but the politics behind some of the approvals concern me.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts

Hey! I am from Chicago, too!

Are you a Cub or Sox fan?

Ummm... To avoid thread drift: I don't know if any National League Teams are having similar outcomes from the emergency-approved injections.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Hey! I am from Chicago, too!

Are you a Cub or Sox fan?

Ummm... To avoid thread drift: I don't know if any National League Teams are having similar outcomes from the emergency-approved injections.
I haven't heard anything about Natl L teams....

...but as long as you ask-- the little enclave of Volga Deutsch immigrants in the vicinity of 5000N/5000W (Jefferson Park) 90 y/a was all Sox fans because my Dad & buddies, embarrassed by their slightly German accents, wanted to be REAL Americans, so they rooted for the American League team.

This gets us back to the younger generations and entitlement-- These young kids in Chi today claim to be both Cub and Sox fans. I guess it's all in the new attitude of not keeping score and everybody gets a Participation Ribbon....I wonder how many lives were sacrificed in the old days in bar room fights over Sox vs Cubs? We were willing to put our lives on the line in defense of our beliefs back then. Young people don't think that way. They figure Big Brother will supply all their needs without their own effort. Maybe their moto should be Victoria Sine Sudore.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
This gets us back to the younger generations and entitlement-- These young kids in Chi today claim to be both Cub and Sox fans. I guess it's all in the new attitude of not keeping score and everybody gets a Participation Ribbon....I wonder how many lives were sacrificed in the old days in bar room fights over Sox vs Cubs? We were willing to put our lives on the line in defense of our beliefs back then. Young people don't think that way. They figure Big Brother will supply all their needs without their own effort. Maybe their moto should be Victoria Sine Sudore.
What the kids don't know is that sitting on the fence will get you splinters in an uncomfortable location.

Victoria Sine Sudore, and Victoria Sine Sacrificio. At least, no sacrifice for them. But they have no problem demanding things from someone else.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts