Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, the Yankees revealed that Torres tested positive for the coronavirus despite being fully vaccinated and previously having COVID-19. He is quarantining in Tampa, Florida.​
In addition to Torres, the Yankees have three coaches and four traveling staffers that are breakthrough positives, meaning they tested positive despite being fully vaccinated.​

·
Registered
33,464 Posts
In the most recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, 15 percent of adults said they did not want to get a shot until they knew more about how it affected other people. Another 6 percent said they would get a shot only if required (say, by their employer), and an additional 13 percent said they would definitely not get a shot. Put those three numbers together, and you get 34 percent — which, again, accounts for most of the unvaccinated 40 percent.

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,132 Posts
We knew from the get go the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it or giving it to others. I hope they recover with no lasting effects.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
One of the most misused or possibly better described as manipulations of the entire pandemic is the accuracy of the testing. It has been obvious for some time, the PCR tests are flawed and can be cycled over and over until eventually you get a positive result. I didn't trust the test statistics when it was used to shut down the economy and crush critical thinking, therefore I don't trust it now when it comes to those vaccinated.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
All 9 Yankees were injected with a single shot of Johnson & Johnson, which is 72% effective. But even in the 28% gap, the seriousness of the infection is greatly reduced. 7 of the 9 Yankees were asymptomatic, and one has already recovered from symptoms.

Because MLB has a more frequent testing regimen than the general public, close study of this sample will be really helpful in understanding more about the breakthrough infections.

Folks, this is evidence of vaccination working, and expecting a 100% efficacy rate would either be scientifically naive or the set up for a straw man argument.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the most misused or possibly better described as manipulations of the entire pandemic is the accuracy of the testing. It has been obvious for some time, the PCR tests are flawed and can be cycled over and over until eventually you get a positive result. I didn't trust the test statistics when it was used to shut down the economy and crush critical thinking, therefore I don't trust it now when it comes to those vaccinated.
I believe that right around Jan 20, the number of cycles was greatly reduced to provide a more accurate measurement.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All 9 Yankees were injected with a single shot of Johnson & Johnson, which is 72% effective. But even in the 28% gap, the seriousness of the infection is greatly reduced. 7 of the 9 Yankees were asymptomatic, and one has already recovered from symptoms.

Because MLB has a more frequent testing regimen than the general public, close study of this sample will be really helpful in understanding more about the breakthrough infections.

Folks, this is evidence of vaccination working, and expecting a 100% efficacy rate would either be scientifically naive or the set up for a straw man argument.
But the CDC said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This isn't a vaccine, it's genetic modification of the recipient. Why would anyone willing submit to a "vaccine" that has little or not testing, does not have or qualify for full FDA approval, only has approval for emergency usage, and is supplied by three companies that have been given full legal immunity for any adverse effects? Why would one submit to a "vaccine" when specifically told that the vaccine is ineffective (maybe useless would be a better word) in protecting the recipient, and anyone else, against the targeted virus? Finally, why would anyone be motivated to accept such a rushed "vaccine" for a virus that has a survival rate of higher than 99 percent?

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
But the CDC said vaccinated people don't have to wear masks!
The CDC says a lot of things, don't they? It's become so much "blah, blah, blah" to many people - and with good reason!

I find it interesting to see how many people who joined the gene therapy experiment assert numbers they've not investigated, in an effort to justify their choice.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I've not been vaccinated. Starting to feel bad Saturday and people swear I got covid-19. It's probably just a stomach bug. No fever just loose "bowels" I have more soup and crackers that got delivered than I could eat in a month. They did put it in the truck seat. I moved cows today and writing out bills now 😊

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
I've not been vaccinated. Starting to feel bad Saturday and people swear I got covid-19. It's probably just a stomach bug. No fever just loose "bowels" I have more soup and crackers that got delivered than I could eat in a month. They did put it in the truck seat. I moved cows today and writing out bills now 😊
I have noticed that people no longer get regular old run-of-the-mill diseases any more. It's always the 'rona. Unless they get sick following the jab. Then it has to be something else.

Hope you continue to feel better.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
It's family members that brought it! I haven't been out in 20 years. I might be needed 😃... I didn't ask...

·
Registered
526 Posts
This isn't a vaccine, it's genetic modification of the recipient. Why would anyone willing submit to a "vaccine" that has little or not testing, does not have or qualify for full FDA approval, only has approval for emergency usage, and is supplied by three companies that have been given full legal immunity for any adverse effects? Why would one submit to a "vaccine" when specifically told that the vaccine is ineffective (maybe useless would be a better word) in protecting the recipient, and anyone else, against the targeted virus? Finally, why would anyone be motivated to accept such a rushed "vaccine" for a virus that has a survival rate of higher than 99 percent?
Interestingly, almost nothing you said is true. It is a vaccine, it doesn't modify your genetic makeup, it did not go through "little or not testing"...

If you don't want the vaccine, don't get it, but at least base the decision on facts, not utter bull****.

·
STILL not Alice
20,197 Posts
Interestingly, almost nothing you said is true. It is a vaccine, it doesn't modify your genetic makeup, it did not go through "little or not testing"...

If you don't want the vaccine, don't get it, but at least base the decision on facts, not utter bull****.
Prove that it is a vaccine.

Prove that it does not manipulate RNA to reproduce spike proteins.

Prove that it went through stringent testing - especially double-blind testing, with a significant number of test subjects.

Since you have called BS, we expect that you have the data to back it up.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think you're confused. If you make a claim, you have to prove it. So, if you claim it isn't a vaccine, you need to prove it, same as those others claims made by the person I was responding to. Aside from that, if you can't look up the definition of vaccine yourself, that's on you. Same with the other nonsense.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Must be sick if you are paying bills.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts