Nigerians at stud in Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by dbarjacres, Nov 24, 2005.

1. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

Hello, We are looking to find a nice little Nigerian Dwarf boyfriend for my two lamancha doelings, in hopes of first gen. mini manchas (which I've found are non existant in WI). We only have our boer buck and he sure ain't gonna make them smaller! I would like preferably to find a buck to lease for a few weeks, second choice - stud service, 3rd choice-a nice buck that isn't gonna cost a fortune to purchase. The only people I've found so far have all closed herds, all test, none do stud service and bucklings start at $400. No thanks, not for a crossbred experiment. We are in Loyal, WI and would drive up to 2 hrs one way for leasing or stud and up to 4 to buy.

Thanks, please email me at minidonkeys@tznet.com or call 715-897-3104

2. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

Since I no longer live in Wisconsin, I do not know of any breeders in your area, however, I suggest running an ad in the paper or calling your local goat club. Another suggestion is artificial insemination.

3. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

Hello,

While I don't raise nigerians,I do however raise pygmies.If you would like to cross them with a pygmy,I have 4 really nice bucks.1 is a proven producer with most of the kids being of multiple births and he sired 11 doeling and 3 bucklings.The other 3 have not yet be used for breeding as they are this year kids.I am located about an hour south of madison.

I do however know of a lady that I met at an animal swap that does raise nigerians,I don't know if she farms out her buck tho.I think she lives over by milwaukee.If you would like her information you can email me at crazy4equines@earthlink.net

Hope this helps ya