Nigerian baby pics

Discussion in 'Goats' started by pookshollow, Sep 29, 2005.

1. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

The Squeaky Toy twins turn one week old today.

[​IMG]
    That's my SO holding the little buckling, Bronwyn and the doeling in the background.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No names yet!

2. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Oh my gosh they are so cute! They look just like their mama! I just love baby pictures! Thank you so much for sharing the pictures, they're so cute!

3. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

How adorable. They're "fun sized" (like the mini candy bars.)!

Lynda

4. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

:eek: pookshollow, is that you wearing those white pants in the goat pen? They have been trashed, just ruined! Are you listening to me? ;)
    (See what the mother of several teenage sons notices?)
    BTW, the babies are exquisitely adorable! I am going to look at 2 3 week old Nigerian Dwarf doelings next week!
    Blessings, Jillis!

5. Farmboy

Farmboy Well-Known Member

They're so awesome! Very, very cute! I can't wait 'till my Nigerian has kids next year. It's neat to see a Nigerian w/horns too. By the way, how do goats do up there in the frozen Canada, Eh. (sorry, just had to do it!) But seriously, do you have to protect them extra speciall?

6. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Jillis, that's not me in the picture, that's my SO, and he's wearing his "barn" pants. (they were originally khaki) Believe me, with the 5 month olds jumping on us, it's necessary!! I have hoofprints in my hair somedays! LOL

Farmboy, I just got my first goats (the Nigies) in May so we haven't been through a winter with them. The breeder where we bought them has about 20 in a "coverall" barn and they seem to do just fine, grow quite a thick undercoat. I'm wondering a bit about my Nigerian cross as she has a much shorter coat, but I noticed this morning that she's starting to get "fluffy" underneath - we may have to knit a scarf for her ears though!! :p