Nice property in NW MS...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ravenlost, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

http://www.terriporter.com/maar_frameset.htm

Look up MLS #: 2607857 after clicking on "Other Surrounding Areas" and putting in zip code 38618

Newly constructed Cedar Siding home with screened in back porch on five acres with pond and old barn.

[​IMG]

2. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Not a bad house. Usually I hate the garage in front, but if the doors are plain and painted a dark color, they wouldnt look bad at all.

3. shawnee

shawnee Well-Known Member

Love it - one about 1/2 hr. from us only about twice the size. Looks like it has aluminum roof, or whatever they make them out of. Anybody have any experience with those types of roofs? Need to replace our old shingle-type and think with all these trees around us a steel roof would be better idea in case of fire.

4. Ravenlost

My mom and sister both have aluminum roofs and love them. My sister has a log house with a barn red aluminum roof and Mama's house is rough board siding with a tan aluminum roof. They've never had any problems with them.

5. Thatch

Thatch Well-Known Member

nice little property. I do believe that is a shingle roof though. If you look close you can see the color variation of the tabbed shingles.

Hope it finds a good owner.

J

6. Lindafisk

Lindafisk Well-Known Member

OOoh a house with a porch! I do so want a porch someday....very pretty place!

7. MarkNH

MarkNH Well-Known Member

8. Ravenlost

Coldwater is a 35-40 minute commute to Memphis. We live about eight-10 miles east of Coldwater and it takes hubby 45 minutes to get to work.

MarkNH, are you still looking in this area? There's a gorgeous house with acreage in the Poagville Community on the market right now. If you're interested I could get the realtor info for you. The house is a two story and you can't see it from the road. And Poagville is a very nice community...volunteer fire station that makes the best BBQ, ballfields and a small, but active, community center. If this property had been available when we were looking we would have bought it.

9. MarkNH

MarkNH Well-Known Member

Yes we are still looking although delayed. Once Our house sells here in NH, we are moving to the memphis area although in a rental for the first year so that we can properly search for a place to live.

Does that Poagville house have a MLS listing? Just out of curiousity.

10. Ravenlost

I don't know...haven't found one yet. I'll be driving through there tomorrow morning and will get the realtor's info off the sign.

If I were you, I'd rent in Southaven. No WAY, no HOW would I live in Memphis.

Found this: MLS#231926...not the place I was talking about, but sounds nice.