Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very nice 6 year old milk cow for sale in Southern MO. She is very gentle easy to milk by hand or machine she has never kicked has very nice bay and teats, last lear she gave us 6+ gallons of very rick milk per day we sold milk and butter here at the farm from her and two other cows, I have more than I can milk this year and "Nannia" is the one that got picked to get sold, All that I ask is that she goes to a good home. I'm asking $2000.00 for her she is AI bred to calf around the 25th of Aug. very nice small family cow.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Ugh...so hard to see cows come up for sale that I'd buy in a heartbeat if we had our land now. HURRY UP September so I can be on my land already and get my cows :)

Good luck selling her... do you have a picture you can post :)

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
darbyfamily said:
Ugh...so hard to see cows come up for sale that I'd buy in a heartbeat if we had our land now. :)

I hear that, only I have the land, it is just too far to drive for me. DRAT!
Good luck, I bet she will be sold within ten days or so.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
Oh man!!!!!!!!!!! I'd give anything if I could bring her home to me today :(

·
Udderly Happy!
2,866 Posts
Hey smit747, do you have to milk that cow with just a couple of fingers? Or am I looking at the picture from a bad angle? It looks like the teats are a tad small for a man's hand to handmilk. Good looking cow though! I like her size.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Francismilker she really has good lenght to her teats I have no trouble getting a hold of them, she milked for a little over a year last year and gave 3 to 3-1/4 gallon per milking just about all year long we milked her 2 times a day, she had about 3 to 4 pints of cream per gallon of milk and a very good flavored milk. The only reason I'm selling her is that we will be having 5 to freshen this year without counting her.

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Oh shes a dream. Look at her. Oh all the milk, butter, cheese, yougart. She is a good looking cow. What is she bread to? another jersy (per ai) or another breed?

·
Udderly Happy!
2,866 Posts
Smit, with 5 coming fresh soon, you'll really have your hands full. I hope you have a way to automate your milking process. I went through that same number coming fresh this past spring and 4 of them were heifers. I had a milk stanchion fisaco for about three days. Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish I could but I will be in the same boat soon. Our herd grew to 14 again and winter in Wisconsin is hard. We don't have enough pasture to hay so most of our hay is trucked in from a very nice farmer. With so many children in 4-H; everyone is showing a cow. The problem is you just cannot keep them all unless you have a full-dairy operation. I am hoping my brother will let me use his 20 acres he bought from my grandmother's estate. He lives in Florida so it would be good to keep the property neat. Good luck in your sale! We sold one last year, it was hard to part with her
Jen
Mom of Ten

1 - 14 of 14 Posts