NH 1720 hyd leak

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by rambler, Jun 11, 2004.

1. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a NH 1720 I bought used from the dealer. I had a set of rear remotes installed. It has a 7308 loader on it with joystick control. Owned it for a bit over a year, 250 hours or so I put on it, 700 total.

When I operate the rear remote, it has developed a sudden leak. It leaks on the black nut/stud on the loader hydraulic joystick controler. This is the little (hollow) stud under the rubber boot & metal sheld - where the joystick controls are. I believe this to be the pressure control for the loader? I have not tampered with this, nor does it look tampered with by previous owners.

Anyhow, oil drips out the hollow center when I max out the rear remote lever. It does not appear to do so, or as much, when I operate the loader controls themselves. It does not leak at all when the I'm not operating any hysraulics.

(However, we are in a tornado warning & it got real dark, so I had to park in the shed - need to check more/ better tomorrow.)

Any ideas what is causing this drip?

--->Paul

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Is the hollow stud milled for an Allen key? I expecxt you're right and that is the release valve. They're all a little different but I would think it has replacable seals.