Next summer for sure

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CraftyDiva, Dec 18, 2006.

1. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

[​IMG]

I'll be getting one of these. Who needs a gym membership if you can use this.

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Lots of luck pedaling that booger in grass as tall as it is in the picture. Did you ever mow with one of those push mowers?

I seen an old Amish man who had replaced one wheel on a little horse drawn cart with a push mower. He was setting on the sulky cart mowing his yard. His horse lost ten pounds and the old man gained five. LOL

3. jd4020

jd4020 Well-Known Member Supporter

Cute picture!! :)
    I absolutely love these old push mowers. I have three of them, two were given to me and one cost me a dollar. When my children were little, they wanted so badly to help their Daddy mow the yard, so this was how we helped. They mowed the area by their sandpile and swingset and I mowed the area by the garden. It saved him about an hours mowing time and gave us some good excercise.

4. TnMtngirl

TnMtngirl Well-Known Member Supporter

You go girl!! I,m sticken with the riding mower!

5. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Man I hate those things!! That's all we had when I was a kid; took me forever to mow the lawn. You had to go back and forth if your lawn was thick. Our first "power" mower was also a reel mower, but believe me, I considered it a blessing. Today's self-propelled and riding mowers are a dream in comparison.

But I like the pic.