News, News, News---Read All About it

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Fire-Man, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

Mark your Calendars, For the First time since 1995 I am Rabbit--less. I just sold my last 5 does and 1 buck. This Feels Strange already. My "Meals On Wheels" rabbitery is empty. I Might not sleep good tonight.

We have a lot of rabbits in the freezer, Rabbit canned in jars on the shelf. The wife has already said very little garden this coming spring so I do not need the "poop". I really needed to take a break. Last time I was at the Auction---nice size adults were selling for $2 or $3 each---no money there.

Guess I will do a little repair to a few cages----have everything ready---might pick up some more rabbits in the spring---might not!!
    I am planning on doing a lot of fishing---something I have not done in many years until I started back last July when I bought a new Bass tracker Boat. Also Been doing a lot of catfishing the last few months, plan to get back into Bass fishing heavy come spring---Just got my little 12ft bass fishing boat(I built in 1985) repaired and ready a few weeks---already used it a couple times to do some catfishing. Back in the 1980's and early 1990's I have caught MANY bass using this boat---really looking forward to seeing if I still Got It and put some bass in this boat. I will miss the rabbits, but I hope to enjoy the fishing.

2. anniew

anniew keep it simple and honest Supporter

Congratulations...but it sounds like you are not completely free of your rabbit addiction IF you are thinking maybe more in the spring.
    I certainly can understand not wanting rabbits right now when the temps here are in the single digits...on a good day...often minus numbers. But, come spring, things always look better and that's the time when your resolutions fall apart. At least enjoy the rest of the winter without having the rabbit burden. :)
    Oh, and good luck with the fishing.

Fire-Man likes this.

3. Fire-Man

Fire-Man Well-Known Member Supporter

Let me clear up a thing or two---they were really not a burden--well I did have to feed them daily and carry water for them the last few days because I had to drain the automatic watering because of the Freezing weather. My Thing about them was---I was not breeding them---because we were stocked up on rabbit----thought about getting rid of them but didn't. Then a Man posted yesterday he wanted some meat Rabbits----I replied to see how many he wanted---more than I had---I offered him mine for a price and he said he would take them all. Quickly I was out the business, but I like rabbit meat, so I will either buy some grown ones or raise some, but it might be some time---I will eat a lot of fish probably----got a lot of catfish in the freezer now, maybe some bass too in the spring---LOL.

arnie likes this.
  4. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

I understand that feeling. When the last bird and pig left I washed all the founts and feeders and stored them away just incase. I think I'll leave them one more year just incase. Glad you found something you both enjoy.

Fire-Man likes this.