Newly Found Site for Me

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moonwolf, Sep 19, 2004.

1. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I don't know, but I think I found a good place to discuss stuff about living in the country because that is where I live. I discovered this site, mostly by accident, but it looks relevant for some things of interest for me.
    So, to be unspecific about anything, I just wanted to post here to get aquainted, though wheter I'm actually a 'homesteader' is something to ponder. I have raised fowl and have dogs, love my dogs. Done work with baitfish and gardening. I love being outdoors when I can,
    Recently separated, so I want to try and find more time getting back into some 'land use' things. I've experience with wildlife as there is much around me, living near lakes and forest.
    I posted on a couple of forums already for introduction purposes, so if this is not a good place to post this, let me know.

Regards,
    Rich

2. MissMartha

MissMartha Member

3. Stand_Watie

Stand_Watie Well-Known Member

Welcome, but how about a more specific location than "Canada"? That only takes up about 50% of north america :D For example if you were from Toronto, Ontario we might think it likely that you were a wacko lefty...if you were from Manitoba, Alberta or Saskatchewan though, we might just expect you to be a regular American :D :D

Ok, just fooling around with sterotypes, but still, Canada is huge, where are you from in Canada?

4. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

Howdy and welcome! Pull up your thumb and have a seat. I'm sure you will fit in nicely somewhere around here, we are mostly a friendly bunch. This group is made up of all kinds of country folk, from those building their life from scratch, purchasing it pre-made, or just wishing and hoping for a place in the dirt.

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Rich! If you get any spare time, check out our archives. Lots of topics covered in the past, and lots of good reading. :)

6. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

welcome! You will find that "homesteader" is generally a state of mind. If you haven't read any of the COUNTRYSIDE magazines, get one quick---you will be tickled to death!