Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by huronscoot, Nov 18, 2005.

1. huronscoot

huronscoot Active Member

Hi Folks!
    I have been lurking here for a few weeks and am excited that my account has finally been approved so I can post.
    After 26 years of marriage my wife and I have finally decided to make the jump and buy a little property to start our homestead. We are looking for 2-5 acres in Northwestern Ohio. We are trying to find an irregular lot or something in an area that has few restrictions like Fitchville. If you know of any listings please drop us a line.

2. Ranchermom

Ranchermom Sam at the Pecan Ranch

Welcome to the forums huronscoot . Good luck on finding your homestead there is nothing like living out in the country :)

Sam

3. Tiwahe

Tiwahe New Member

Hi, I'm new here too! I posted for the first time yesterday.

My husband, 7 kids and I live in NW Wisconsin. We found out in August that the MONSTER powerline going to supply Chicago and points further south and east, (originating in Manitoba, going through a small portion of Minnesota and all the way down the state of Wis.) is supposed to be our next door neighbor. So, a moving we will go. :( We're in a bit of shock still. I'm looking on the net, for hours at a time, for a new place. I'd like to get a good amount of land, secluded! I'm not sure we can do the building ourselves, but I sure would like to try. My DH is a truck driver, so, it would be the kids and I doing the work....We'll see how it works out. I'd even love to have an old place to fix up. I don't think we have the skills to build from the ground up on our own.

Off to hunt for said place.

Have a great day all
    Linda in the wilds of Wisconsin

4. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member