Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WV , hilltop dweller
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tis the time to set that yearly goal.

What prep related goal do you all have for this year??

Since I have food and most other bases covered for now, My number one focus this year is to retire debt.

I am going to plant a larger garden and try to get my poultry paying for itself but every spare penny will go to debt reduction. I plan to be debt free in 4 years or less.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
mine are to:
1. secure alt. power source for the house
2. pay off debt
3. learn how to do all the big garden stuff from my daddy this year since he has never taught me to use the little garden tractor

I would like to wish everyone here a safe, happy and prosperous new year!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
1. Pay off my car (5 payments left) then all vehicles will be owned outright.
2. Complete my solar panel/inverter set up for back up limited power.
3. Ramp up my food prepping. We have relied on what I had for the last three months and my supply has dwindled.
4. We dont have debt other than our mortgage and what is left on my car, but I want to work on lowering the bills we have even more than what I did in 2008.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
1. Get out of debt.
2. Put in a root cellar.
3. Save and buy a tractor and implements to grow animal and people food in larger quantities than the raised beds.
4. Begin on solar-power for homestead.

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Get control back over my spending and pay attention to it day by day. Continue to work toward retiring all debt - my goal continues to be debt free by this time 6 years from now. Plant and preserve from a greatly enlarged garden (have a plot of hard red winter wheat planted, want to add oats, hull-less oats, and corn in the spring, along with the usual garden and small fruits. Add more fruit trees this winter and finish protecting the ones I have. Add more storage buildings, improve my water storage with large holding tanks for rain water, and continue to improve my livestock (first kids due in 3 weeks!), and clear the rest of the undergrowth out of the woods to improve fire safety. Most of all, I want the wood stove installed! How many years have I made THAT goal?!

Actually, my list of goals for the New Year covers 4 pages. :eek:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hm. I'd settle for a goal of waking up about early rooster time tomorrow, doing what needs doing until the sun sets, eating well, sleeping well and repeating the process for the following 362 tomorrows.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
To pay off some old credit cards (I don't use now). Build some on the Certificate of Deposit my daughter bought for me today as a seed to a place of my own, and to un-pack rat my place (at least enough that I can tell I did it, even if a stranger wouldn't think so).

Angie

·
Premium Member
6,020 Posts
Build savings. Stick to our budget on a daily/monthly basis.

Declutter. I need to make better decisions on what is important as a prep and what is a waste of space.

Plan my garden carefully and do not let anything go to waste.

Read thru the Bible. Spend more time in prayer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts