New Website - Can I put a link to this page??

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Kumi_Ori, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Kumi_Ori

Kumi_Ori Active Member

I hope this post is okay - I don't want to break any rules.

I have been working on building a website for my rabbitry. I just got
    some of the pages up today. Not all the pages are there yet (it is a
    temporary site as I learn the process). There are more photo's and
    text to be added to the existing pages but I wanted you to look
    at it and let me know what you think. I will have a links page soon
    and would like to put a link to this site it. Is that okay
    Anyway, let
    me know what you think of it. Thanks all. To view my page go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/kumi_ori/index.html
    Kristi

2. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Nice site, and some really nice animals. My only suggestion would be to host it somewhere other than geocites. We use anglefire (free) and although it places ads on ours they are not popups and do not interfere with the layout of our site. They also allow us to use frontpage which is a real help to me. Back to the Rabbits, do you ever have any trouble with your does being lousy mothers? Our one Rex doe is our worst mother. Anyway, nice site and i don't think there would be a problem putting in a link to this site but i am not the rule maker, Randy.

3. Kumi_Ori

Kumi_Ori Active Member

Randy,
    I built the site using dreamweaver. Once I have everything the way I want it I am going to get a domain name and host ad free. Geocities is just temporary.
    As for the rabbits, most of my does are good mothers. The terrible looking castor doe (that's how you look when you have a litter of 9 and raised them all to 8 weeks!) is excelent! She makes beautiful nests and feeds twice a day, I have never lost a kit from her. She is also an easy breeder. The black doe is not bad but is a bit more neglectful of her litters. We lost 3 out of her for no reason, I can only think that she stepped on them. So far the broken black GC doe is looking to be almost as good as the castor. Her litter is 2 weeks old today and they are all plump and healthy. So, IMO as a breed they are good mothers but you do have some individuals that are better or worse. My experience has been good. I love the Rex's, that's all I raise.
    Thanks,
    Kristi