Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Lovin' it! That's awesome! The pup goes well with it too! Did you ever name them? I remember someone suggesting "Babe" for the truck... I'll have to second that vote!

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
that truck is in great shape.wished me and my elkhound was riding shotgun on those dusty roads with you and the new pup throguh the bighorn mtns.pull the rip cord and live lady....good job

·
Unapologetically me
20,817 Posts
How cool is that? :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That is a sweet old truck, J20? Its a work horse for sure and short of setting it on its frame it is unstoppable. What engine does it have? I have a 71 Jeep commando with a 231 in it.

·
Premium Member
18,017 Posts
Hey, is that an old Jeep truck? Cool!

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
..................Boy , what a find ! See if you can get your mechanic friend to drain and add new fluids in the tranny and differential . Wyoming is a really beautiful place but it sure gets cold in the winter , but so does Ill as well . , fordy

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Now that's a fine ride. And Bell looks right at home - look at those matching eyes!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My truck is a '64 Kaiser Jeep J200. It has a 6 cylinder...231 tornado??? I think that's what it is. Three on the tree...how much fun is that???? hehehe. It actually drives pretty nice...sort of squirrley on the highway but real nice on gravel. I had a three on the tree in a truck a long time ago and I hated that thing...very hard to drive. This one is just fine.

It needs a muffler, the gas tank leaks and the clutch master cylinder needs replaced, but that's about it as far as keeping it running. There's that cosmetic stuff, but I think she has character....rust and all. Looks like the perfect Bighorn Beater!

My friend says he will help me fix it and teach me how. He said he'd buy it off me when I leave, but I don't think I'll be selling it. I'll either take it with me, or leave it until I come back under his care, but I really dig this truck!!!

I want to get some steer horns to put on it and then it truly will be "Babe" :) The dog is Belle.

I can't stop smiling. Life just keeps getting better and better....or maybe it's just my attitude :) I am SO glad I came out here. Just what I needed.

Jena

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I would love to find one in that condition. That hurricain is a great engine and worth more to the old jeep crowd than the rest of the truck. That should be a T-90 tranny, how many times has the shifter been welded? They are prone to failer, but very east to change to three on the floor. The gas tank can be lined if it is not leaking too much. You can do it yourself if your good at stuff like that. The liner is called Red-Cote and you can get it at a mechanics supply place, not the auto parts store. It should be around 20.00 per qt and one is all you need. Here is my baby.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gorgeous Gladiator. I've always thought the Willys/Jeep brand had the best looking bodies on their full size vehicles. I had the 79 Cherokee V8 360, but I always lusted after the pickups. My biggest objection to it was the fuel economy (and the darn vacuum lines which had to be replaced every year in Vegas due to the heat). Anyway, it looks like a treasure; it'll run forever, and it's actually possible for a normal person to fix it when it needs attention.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jena said:
My truck is a '64 Kaiser Jeep J200. It has a 6 cylinder...231 tornado??? I think that's what it is. Three on the tree...how much fun is that???? hehehe.
I have three-on-the-tree with overdrive on my Studebaker. You can leave your truck unlocked because even if someone does try to steal it and manages to get it started, not too many people will know how to shift it nowadays. As good of a deterrent as "the Club", methinks. :)

That is one sweet lookin' truck, btw.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
COOL! Our mailman when I was in grade school drove one of those. He would take off across the field herding his cattle with it! Pretty much indestructible.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts