New to this List

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Mortgage-Hill, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Mortgage-Hill

Mortgage-Hill Active Member

Hi All,
    Just wanted to post and tell you alittle about myself, before i jumped in on replys. LOL
    My name is LaNetta Batts,I live in Indiana and raise LaManchas, and Recorded Grade Dairy Goats, well can't forget the earred ones over here,, which is two Saanens and one Oberhasli. :)) I also have Dobermans and a Min Pin, that round out our family.
    I have been raising and breeding goats for 18 years,, maybe longer,, can't remember,,lol. I am what i call a second generation goat lover, as my mom raised goats many years ago and the is where i fell in love with the wonderful creatures. I have been a member in 4-H (10 years) and then continued to be a assitant leader for Dairy Goats , I also help the surrounding counties with the goat projects now. I am the mother of twin daughters Madison and Maci, who just turned 7 this month. and are the joy in my life. We show our goats in Indiana, Ohio, Ill, Ky and Tenn and take alot of pride in our animals and ourselves. I have recognized a few of you and to those a big Hello! and to the people i have yet to meet, a big Howdy and can't wait to meet ya!!!
    Thanks for reading,
    LaNetta Batts

2. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

Welcome,
    I bought Nubians off your mom, ages ago~! "Mortgage-Hill New Tyde Rising"-buck out of Black Tye Affair. Also a few does, that i can't recall names of the top of my head.That was a lifetime ago, my boys were "little"-they are grown w/families of their own now..they showed the animals in 4-h-That buck really improved my herd!! Have been out of dairy for many years, raise Boer now-Enjoy the board, glad you joined us> :)

3. Mortgage-Hill

HOW COOL!!!! small world!!! i remember him!!! wow that was a long time ago!!! just reminds me how old i am,, LOL i love those trips down memory lane!!!! do you got any pics of him or the does you got>?? would love to see them and show my mom!!! i will tell her what you said!! she will love it!!
    LaNetta Batts

4. mammawof3

here is Tye as a yearling-big boy!
    [​IMG]
    here is Tiara as a yearling
    [​IMG]
    this was my favorite Tye daughter-she placed Grand milker in our 4-h fair as a first freshner and went on to place 3rd at Hoosier Classic! :)
    [​IMG]
    Hope your mom enjoys it.

5. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Wow! What beautiful Nubians...love those spots...and that pure white Nubian is stunning! How often does an all-white Nubian turn up?

6. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

Oops! Those pictures distracted me...welcome, Mortgage-Hill!

7. mammawof3

Thank-you for the compliments-i was quite pleased w/that herd,they did well for me.I actually had pure white kids out of that line fairly often-they went back to a well known Nubian buck called "Great White Hope". Every kidding i could expect atleast one-Tiara always had one,then usually 2 brown or black spotted ones. I miss them, wonder where i would be w/them now-if i had been able to keep breeding.? Life changes-was quite surprised to see "Mortgage Hill" on here-because i recognised it! :)

8. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Welcome Mortgage-Hill, sounds like you are going to be another great reference person, wit hall the experiance. Do you have some pictures of your goats?

9. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Welcome! Good to have another experienced person around!

Kathleen

10. Raftercat5

Raftercat5 Kathy in S. Carolina

Welcome, LaNetta! Loved the pics of the nubians. I have 3 of 'em so far. I think you'll be a great asset to this group!
    - Kathy

11. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Welcome to the forum! Good Luck. I'm sure you'll love it here.

Sara

12. Mortgage-Hill

thanks guys for all the warm welcomes!!!

13. Mortgage-Hill

sorry i haven't been on here that long time,, been busy enjoying the summer with my kids and my goats! i have a website at www.mortgagehill.tripod.com let me know what you think!!!