New To This Board

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by katlupe, Nov 16, 2004.

1. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this board. A new friend of mine told me about it and thought I would like it. I live in NY state in the middle of 4000 acres of state forest land. It's just my husband and me - our kids are on their own. We generate our own power as our home is off the grid. I take it that everyone here is familar with Countryside Magazine - that's what directed us to this particular lifestyle. We are working hard on becoming self sufficient.

2. feycat

feycat Well-Known Member

Welcome to HT!!! Most of the folks here are real friendly. Like I said, MOST, :rolleyes: :D Bu just remember you get jerks everywhere.

If you are crafty we do lots of fun stuff on the crafts board, there are recipes galore. On the other boards you can find help on any animal you can think of raising for ANY use you, and there's just about one person for ANY topic that comes up!.

We're glad you're here!

3. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Welcome. Pull up a chair, pour yourself a cup of Joe or whatever, sit a spell and have yourself a good visit. We welcome questions, comments and of course answers.

4. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............Welcome !! There are , quite afew folks on this website from different parts of NY . They , all , seem to Love the country and get tired of the Property taxes . Same with Texas . aka Taxes . They , think You owe them a "Tribute" till the Second Coming . Lots of very talented people who will offer solutions on just about any problem you can think Of , fordy ... :eek: :)

5. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey Girl, nice to see you! I hope you enjoy this place as much as I do. I spend way too much time here, between poultry, goats, sheep,...........well, you get the picture! Welcome, welcome, welcome!

6. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr Seuss

Howdy neighbor...well, if you consider NYS the 'hood.

Stacy in NY