Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here--both to this forum and to the state of South Carolina. I lived in big cities my whole life to this point. My wife, our baby, and I moved out to the country to be closer to her parents. She grew up on about 90 acres in South Carolina's lowcountry. We were looking to build on her parents' land when an old farmhouse on a couple acres adjacent to their property came up for sale. So here we are, rehabbing an old farmhouse and living the dream in a beautiful corner of the country.

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Hello, I am new here--both to this forum and to the state of South Carolina. I lived in big cities my whole life to this point. My wife, our baby, and I moved out to the country to be closer to her parents. She grew up on about 90 acres in South Carolina's lowcountry. We were looking to build on her parents' land when an old farmhouse on a couple acres adjacent to their property came up for sale. So here we are, rehabbing an old farmhouse and living the dream in a beautiful corner of the country.
Welcome and welcome to SC. I live close to Myrtle Beach. I play on the farm as a hobby raising a few hogs, plenty of chickens and some rabbits.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Home of the flatlanders. I wish I were in SC! ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Welcome and welcome to SC. I live close to Myrtle Beach. I play on the farm as a hobby raising a few hogs, plenty of chickens and some rabbits.
Cool. I would love to get some hogs eventually. Right now we just have a bunch of chickens and horses. I think my next animal investment will be goats or a cow...I love making (and eating) cheese.

Welcome from Illinois. Home of the flatlanders. I wish I were in SC! ;-)
I spent my first 24 years in Chicago, so I know all about the flatness of Illinois!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Howdy & welcome. Lot's of great people on here & TON'S of great info.
I'm in Sumter county, just outside of the city of Sumter. We (my DBF & I) have 10+ acres, have a few laying hens, 3 Nigerian Dwarf wethers & a small garden, will be adding more chickens this spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts