new to goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by kountrycritters, Apr 17, 2006.

1. kountrycritters

kountrycritters Active Member

just wanting to say hi, we just added to kiko nanny goats to our farm, will be getting a billy shortly kiko's are all white any suggestion on staying w/ kiko billy aor get a bora billy really would like to add some color the the offspring so i can also sell as pets.

nice to be here on the goat board

2. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

Donna,
    You know you want some dairy does...lol. I hope to be getting two this week.

3. kountrycritters

kountrycritters Active Member

alway can count on your 2 cents lol

4. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I hope you aren't against meat buyers, lol... It's gonna be hard to sell them as anything but meat animals...

5. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

You knew it...

I sent you an e mail. I have to make quick run to Summit to mail out birds, have over $3,000 worth of birds sold that I haven't been able to ship.

6. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Just curious, but how much do Kiko goats sell for? And it's spelled "Boer" goats, not "bora" (people will be getting confused).

Mygoat is right, if you raise meat goats, you need to expect most of them to go for meat. I wouldn't sell goats for pets other than to a few very carefully selected people, as they tend to end up neglected or abused. If you want to be sure an animal is going to be taken care of, it needs to have a real purpose in life, not just be a pet (I know, there are a few exceptions even then, but definitely the bulk of neglected and abused animals are pets).

Kathleen