"new to Goats", a kid problem...help!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ladiedolittle, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ladiedolittle

ladiedolittle New Member

Hello Everybody,
    My name is Diette and about two weeks ago, I got my first kids. One the buckling is "Jak", a pygmy/niger cross and a doeling "Jewel", well mom is pygmy & alpine and dad is saanan. Well this morning Jewel, had soft stools and isn't eating as well as she has in the past few days. She drank only about 2-4ozs. She would usually drink about 12-16ozs at one feeding. We feed them in the morning and then at nite...is that enough? What should I do about the soft stools....anybody? HELP...please.

2. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Hello Diette. OK you said you got them about two week ago. How old are they now? What are you bottle feeding them? I myself think that is way too much milk at once. They have little tummy's :p and that is a awful lot to put in the m. I feed mine several times a day. Does she have a temp? Is she rattling in the chest? We need to know more.

3. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

It wouldn't hurt to give her some probios. If the poo gets runny, Spectam Scour halt and Diarsanyl would be good.

4. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

Are you giving them milk or replacer? Cocci prevention? How old are they? Have you wormed them yet? Runny poop in kids, my first thought is either cocci or worms.

5. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

A lot of this hinges on their age. Please let us know!!