new time

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by terry stewart, Oct 30, 2005.

1. terry stewart

terry stewart Well-Known Member

did you get up a hour early today the frist day of it and I already dont like it

2. Paranoid

Paranoid Homebrewed Happiness

i wake up at 7-7:30 regardless. today i woke up and the clock read 8am. it's fixed now.

3. ebarj1098

ebarj1098 Active Member

I wouldn't mind skipping daylight savings time altogether.

4. albionjessica

albionjessica Hiccoughs after eating

Boy am I glad you decided to post this. My husband and I had no idea today was the day. We just went around and changed all the clocks that didn't change automatically.

Thanks!

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Oops! I forgot! Thank you for the reminder Terry.

6. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Steady as a rock... Arizona's always on time. It's the rest of the country that moves their clock. :sing:

7. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

I hate DST. I had to get up the same time regardless. Thought DH might sleep a little later, but no such luck, so technically was up an hour earlier to fix breakfast at the same time as yesterday. :eek:

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I picked up some kind of intestinal bug (we know it's not food poisoning because everyone else is fine), so I've been pretty much in bed.

BUT DH went to worship this morning, and found himself pretty much alone because we forgot to set the clocks back an hour.

Whose brainy idea was it to do this foolish exercise twice a year?

Pony!

9. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Pony, This is the brainstorm of the best politicians money can buy. They done it to us in the 40s, and they keep regurgitatin it since then.

10. greenbean

greenbean Well-Known Member

Why do they change time ? I'm from Southern Indiana, then was stationed in the far east, europe, Latin america. Nobody there ever changed the time.
    Then I moved to Virginia. They said change the time! I thought it was nuts. I thought "Hey let's Change the day, too". Make it Saturday all over again!

11. dlangland

dlangland dlangland

Daylight Savings Time. I would like to know, too. I grew up thinking it was to help the farmers have more time during harvest, but I read somewhere about Thomas Jefferson being the one who came up with it. Seems in the midwest it doesn't much matter what we do with the clocks. It's dark far too long, anyway. In fact, I was just thinking, wow, it's just after 5:00 CST here, which should look the same outside as 4:00 yesterday, but it's already starting to get dark, so what point was served? Very confusing. Maybe I am just thinking backwards about it? Deb

12. dustyrose

dustyrose Well-Known Member

Why do they change time ? I'm from Southern Indiana, then was stationed in the far east, europe, Latin america. Nobody there ever changed the time.
    Then I moved to Virginia. They said change the time! I thought it was nuts. I thought "Hey let's Change the day, too". Make it Saturday all over again!

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/

Worldwide daylight saving
    Today, approximately 70 countries utilize Daylight Saving Time in at least a portion of the country. The only major industrialized country not to have introduced daylight saving is Japan.

Date change in 2007 hadn't heard of this yet... :shrug:

On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November. The Secretary of Energy will report the impact of this change to Congress. Congress retains the right to revert the Daylight Saving Time back to the 2005 time schedule once the Department of Energy study is complete.

13. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Lets see,I worked 12 hours last night,plus an extra hour,then add the moron who came in an hour LATE.... :bash:

I hate this stinkin' time change,and since I work weekends,I get to experience em all,up close and personal :soap:

BooBoo

14. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

I tried to get in that extra hour of sleep, but the kids and the dogs don't know about DST and were running around at 6 am, thank you very much. (usually 7) :viking: