Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
The Stimulus checks were weird for me. I like money as much as the next guy but when I would open those envelopes and get the check it gave me a sinking feeling. It felt like something wrong was happening and I was uncomfortable with my name being on that check.

Its hard to untangle all the reasons but I think I understood, instinctively, that the check was going to cost me alot more than the number that was printed on it.

·
Registered
Working on a better way of living life.
138 Posts
As I recall, the first stimulus checks came out during the previous president's time in office.

Both sides like to out bid each other for the vote.
Yes you're right, and the previous President also said to curtail the stimulus checks or people would not return to work. So the previous President was also right and the people didn't return to work and now the current administration keeps handing out more stimulus checks for(buying) votes. It doesn't matter here what we say or if we agree or disagree or even agree to disagree. "We" still have to pay for it and at this point in time we don't have a choice. So when its time to choose.....choose what you want your choice in administration to charge us for. Or what your grate, great, great grandchildren will have to pay for. It will be our bills they will be paying.

·
Super Moderator
14,145 Posts
Posted 5/14/22 8:28 A.M. CDST

I didn't like the first stimulus rounds because they just deposited them into our checking accounts and many of us didn't need them and they made it hard to opt out of the welfare state strengthening ploy.

Since they were being peddled by the government goobers as stimulus I invested mine with a couple local small businesses that needed the help to keep from laying off any of their few employees.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The people who didn't like or want the checks could send a check for the same amount to Uncle Sam. There is even a form for that. I really didn't need it but I know if I send it back the politicians will spend it is much the same way they spend the money they take from by force.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts