Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14,393 Posts
I see new stimulus checks coming in September or October. Checks to help us buy food and gas.
Checks to buy votes.

For the casual reader, printing money and giving out checks results in inflation, which seems to result in our government printing out more money and giving out more checks.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ya no West Va. I think more then this what really bothers me is the covid money being spent on everything but covid..like buying electric school buses. Really long list of stuff.
As I recall, the first stimulus checks came out during the previous president's time in office.

Both sides like to out bid each other for the vote.
Not denying that at all. Still doesn't make it right.
Given Forcast's very valid point, I have no issue at all with them, as in either side, giving me back some of the money they stole from me... do you???

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Given Forcast's very valid point, I have no issue at all with them, as in either side, giving me back some of the money they stole from me... do you???
Giving me back some of my money? They are adding to the deficit, not pulling it out of their personal bank account. The total of all the stimulus checks I received doesn’t even add up to how much extra I’ve spent in the last couple years due to inflation. Where do you think this money comes from. My kids will be paying this bill.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Giving me back some of my money? They are adding to the deficit, not pulling it out of their personal bank account. The total of all the stimulus checks I received doesn’t even add up to how much extra I’ve spent in the last couple years due to inflation.
Three quarters of the government, and three quarters of what they do shouldn't be. If they did only what they were supposed to do I'd worry about their deficit. As it is, they steal my money, they misspend it and I can't stop them. Given that, I'll take it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
No one is going to have to pay the money back. Politicians know that. They can spend all of the money buying votes they can and still no one is going to pay it back. Of course that just makes the money we do have worth less but that doesn't worry the politicians.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts