New Specifically Dairy Forum

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Tango, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

In my quest for knowledge and reading, I've perused the net over and over. Sometimes on this forum questions go unanswered for whatever reason and being surrounded by beef cattle ranches, I've been given inappropriate advice for my Jersey (like she doesn't need to be dried up). It has left me with specialized questions and no answers. So in the interest of information sharing on a specialized subject, I'd like to announce Dairy Forum. It is brand new and needs support. There is a specifically homesteading milk cow section plus many specialized technology and nutrition forums. It shows promise if it takes off.

2. linn

linn Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the post. I look forward to reading all the good info.

3. bantams

bantams Well-Known Member

4. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

I didn't know about that forum but that book is one of the reasons I have so many questions :rolleyes: It really needs an honest editing and revision to tame that beast down to specificity. LR Miller published a book about Hay and Haying (Haying with Horses) that is 366 pages long and exclusively about hay. Grohman treats hay in a chapter among other chapters in her 282 page book. It is a great book and basically one of very few in the field, but she tries to do too much and remains broad (which may have been her intent :shrug: ).

5. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

My suggestion for them is for a subforum on Direct Marketing of Milk.

6. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

That is a great idea Ken! :)

7. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Possible description might be: Discussions on the direct market of milk to consumers to include such possibilities as door-to-door delivery, share milking/herd sharing and on-the-farm sales.

8. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Thanks Ken, I'll pm him with your description.