Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
So, I'm posting once more. Then anyone who wants to keep hashing over this and beating up on me may do so with my best good will and w-o my attention ;) Y'all guilted me into thinking I should go rake. (Yes, Paumon, I am downwind, so a fair portion find their way over here.) I had done perhaps 2/3 of the areas in front of their house and from the sidewalk to the street. As I'm raking, the car goes past me and pulls into the driveway. I can't make out the driver. I hear the car door, the car lock beeper... and that's it. Into the house. Oh, well. It took under an hour, the exercise is good, and I'm a "spry" 64, after all.
That was nice for you to do that. What a weird thing for them not to say a peep to you, as you are raking their leaves...?

Drop by and get mine anytime and take those darn walnuts too :sing: I an't racking no leaves .If the good Lord hadn't wanted them there he wouldn't put em there :D
Let me toss the mower in the van. I'll get gas on the way. :D
Walnut shells burn good! Food, mulch, and fuel for the stove all in one trip. Too bad I'm about 5 hours away. :(

I now have this image of my head of Use Less going over to the neighbor's house
and laying on the doorbell over and over again, while yelling out in a Jerry Lewis voice:

"LADY!!! Hey LADY!!!......I raked all your leaves for you!!!

That'll be $25 bucks.....
"

Of course there is the distinct possibility that her
seeming reluctance to socialize with you or the
rest of the neighborhood ......
is that she's in the witness protection program.

So thread lightly.....<wink, wink>

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.