New rabbit doe!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Oct 15, 2004.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Well I just bought a 4 month old french angora doe...she is a blue tort and boy is she beautiful!!! Her wool is really good quality or so the breeder told me. I am sooooo excited! She is like a big fluffy teddy bear! I will get a picture of her as soon as possible. When she reaches 6 months of age she will be bred. So yea I am excited..my mom also got two 8 week old flemish giant babys today. The doe is a white and the buck is a steel color. They are breeders for meat rabbits. They are sooooo darn cute! But my new rabbit is cuter . So yea...this is my first wool rabbit ever so it will be interesting...she will need to harvested in about a month from now.

MotherClucker

2. GoldenWood Farm

Her name is Bianca! Thats what I decided to name her!

MotherClucker

3. GoldenWood Farm

Looks like I might be getting a full sister to Bianca...the breeder has a litter of full siblings for sale..they will be ready to leave momma in about 3-4 weeks. I am hoping to be getting a blue doe out of the litter if I can.

MotherClucker

4. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Congratulations!!

I love my French Angoras...Beautiful and sweet-tempered all rolled into one! I'll be breeding my broken fawn buck (Aristotle) to my lynx doe (Sappho) in November. I'll be getting a dark (hopefully black) doe off a breeding by a gorgeous black buck this winter. I can't wait!

Meg :)

5. MC nli

MC nli Guest

Here are a bunch of pics of my beautiful Bianca.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh and I am getting a baby out of that litter that I was talking about..I am getting a little blue doe and she is a full sister to Bianca..my little blue doe's name is Azure. I have to wait another 3-4 weeks before Azure can be weaned from her mom.

MotherClucker

6. MC nli

MC nli Guest

Suprise suprise! I got my other french angora doe today! The breeder thought they where only 3 1/2 weeks old but she found out they where 6 1/2 weeks old so I was able to go get my doe today. Plus my mini satin doe Emma was hopefully bred today also. I am so happy! Oh yea my newest little doe is named Azure. I will get a picture of her soon.

MotherClucker

7. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

Wow! Moving fast! I definitely want to see a picture or three of Azure.

Meg :)

8. lizz85

lizz85 New Member

I was wondering if you know of any local places that sell flemish giants?