new pygmy goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by vtfarma, Dec 2, 2005.

1. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

So our 3 month old pygmy babies are doing just fine. Settling in and if I get 2 minutes I will get pictures of them for you. I do have a question. The female is a carmel and just as cute as a button. She has the beautiful little face and ears that can just melt your heart. The male (fixed) is a black - his ears are very small and close to his head - like tufts almost. He hears fine and we love him too. I was just wondering what is up with the ears - different breed or problem?

2. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

Sounds like he could be a crossed bred or he could of had frostbite at sometime in his life.Would love to see pictures.I just love pygmies...

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

4. MichelleB

MichelleB Well-Known Member

Um, could he possibly be a La Mancha cross?

Good luck with the babies!

5. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

They are a cross. DH did not come up with the name of them, I looked up laMancha MichelleB and that must be what he is crossed with. THe ears that they show and describe are mo's ears. Mia is a carmel pygmy from what I can tell. This is all new to us. We have been having so much fun with them. They follow us all around and have been educating our dogs on what they will put up with.

6. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see pictures!