Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
That looks like it would be real handy. Much better than useing a pressure cooker, esp because you can see inside. Don't have to have the chicken fall totaly appart ect. like what can happen in a cooker.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
interesting for sure !

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
$250.00, but I imagine that someone (ie. China) will come up with a non-brand name within a year. I'll wait until then to consider it. But folks are right -- it would be perfect for a small kitchen, or even in a camper.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
I wonder what the difference is between this and a convection oven. I've never used a convection oven so don't really know how those work either. Does anybody know how these would compare?

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree on waiting for a knock off...the one priced at $349 for Amazon gets 4 stars....and it is multi-function from amazon:

The Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven features brand new technology for FASTER, JUICIER, MORE FLAVORFUL cooking. The first and only pressure oven. Cooks up to 70% faster!
6-function versatility: rotisserie, bakes, roasts, broils, toasts, and warms.
Moisture-sealed and pressurized like a pressure cooker to concentrate flavors and make it virtually impossible to dry out or ruin meals.
One-year warranty included.
New and improved model for 2014 featuring a reinforced housing.

M

·
0 Posts
I agree on waiting for a knock off...the one priced at $349 for Amazon gets 4 stars....and it is multi-function from amazon:

The Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven features brand new technology for FASTER, JUICIER, MORE FLAVORFUL cooking. The first and only pressure oven. Cooks up to 70% faster!
6-function versatility: rotisserie, bakes, roasts, broils, toasts, and warms.
Moisture-sealed and pressurized like a pressure cooker to concentrate flavors and make it virtually impossible to dry out or ruin meals.
One-year warranty included.
New and improved model for 2014 featuring a reinforced housing.
Sorry, I must have been looking at the wrong one out of the two that they had. Im one for any new kitchen gadget:ashamed: but for now I need to wait on this one.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That is pretty cool, and makes a lot of sense. Love the size. I almost never use our huge oven. I bet you can sterilize things in it too, like an autoclave. Of course, you can also just use your pressure canner/cooker for that.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
I wonder what the difference is between this and a convection oven. I've never used a convection oven so don't really know how those work either. Does anybody know how these would compare?
A convection oven has a fan to help circulate the heat for more even cooking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts