New posters/ sites

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, Jun 22, 2004.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    If you want to post a site of interest to you - add a description of what is there. We do not want to see ambush sites, add opinion to your words, or do not post sites. We are not mind readers - why do you treat us as such? If you do not tell us what it is about I am not going to open it.........

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Mitch
    I'm with you on this. If it's just a site posted, I hit the return button and ignore it.

If there is some type of description or explanation or thought about it, then I stand a good chance of checking it out. But nothing, means to my mind, that someone is trying to "lead my on" to somewhere I may not knowingly go.

AngieM2

3. Darn! I post links I've read and only those with few cookies and popups--I have my settings down to warnings on all garbage so I'd add alerts about them--none yet but I'm a newbie. Hope people are looking at my bare "stuff" will click; I try to be selective...

katy

4. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

That was me talking! I hate this revert to unregistered format when the winds blow or something--I want credit for my words and efforts...

katy

5. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Katy -
    this is just me

but without a "why it's interesting and I should look" I won't look. It's not you, and you are not the only one that does this - - there is at least one that's been here awhile that does the same thing. I don't open their hyperlinks without comment or explanation on them either....

But, if this is the way you like to post, don't let me stop you - you may have many people open them and reply, or less, or none....

Just posting and finding out will tell in the long run....

But enjoy the forum, it's a great place.

AngieM2

6. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

Katy,
    Don't sweat it. Just participate. You'll learn the generally accepted protocol as you learn more about our participants. Not all of us participate to one specific protocol anyway.