New piglets last nights

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Jim in MO, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Jim in MO

Jim in MO Well-Known Member

One of our brood sows farrowed late last early this morning night 9 healthy and hale piglets as soon as I get home I get to do a count on how many of each. :D

Two more litters due in 5 weeks. Gotta love it........

2. Jim in MO

Well momma has no intrest in letting me getting close enough to look the little guys over close enough to see who is what just yet. They are all running aroung the farrowing pen doing great but I dont think she's going to let me pick them up just yet :haha:

Oh well I can wait a while. several of them are spoken for but any one around mid Missori interested in a nice feeder pig in a few weeks let me know $45.00 each. Trust me they'll go in a heart beat as soon as I put a notice up in the feed store but thought I would give you folks here on the board first pass.

Jim in MO

3. LuckyGRanch

LuckyGRanch Well-Known Member

How cool is that?! Congrats. Is this a new venture on your part?

We have one sow that's just over 4 months old and we're planning to breed her around Jan 1. I can't believe how many people are interested in her piglets if/when she has them in April/May. I guess it's neat that people want feeders from small homesteading operations. I have wanted to breed her since we've never done that here on the farm - though we done lots of other critters. Glad to hear your farrowing went well.

If anyone hears of Glouchestershire Old Spots in the Upper Mid West - MN/WI....remember me! :D I'm looking for a pair.

4. Jim in MO

It's fairly new for us. And Wow :eek: You’re right the response has been overwhelming. There is no way we can keep up with the demand but we don’t want to get any larger

5. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

congrats ! what breed are your pigs, im sure youve mentioned on here somewhere, but ive missed it !

6. Jim in MO

The new litter are Yorkshire. We just bought a beautiful Duroc sow that I think will throw some really nice piglets from our very large Hampshire boar.

7. Jim in MO

All the piglets are spoken for. I'll let everyone know when the next litter get here.

8. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Congratulations Jim! Aren't they cute little buggers! :D

9. Jim in MO

Ya just gotta love them. They are all doing really well. We built two farrow pens in the barn and they are working out great! there is one little runt that we'll be keeping for our freezer don't feel right selling him to someone.