Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built a new pen the other day. I guarantee this ones escape proof. I used 4 ft hog panels this time and buried the bottom part of the panels in the ground. Last time I used only 3 ft panels, and "Red eyed gravy" jumped right out of the pen, and was laughing about it. I'm expecting delivery of new gilts any day now. I still have quite a bit of pork left from the last 2 that I raised and harvested. I enjoyed many good BBQ's this Summer and fed many family and friends. I'm looking forward to Doing some links this time and mabey trying to smoke my own hams and bacon. There's also a good German family owned meat processor close by if I don't feel like messing with it. They make really good sausage. The sausage that I made last year turned out really good. I may try some new sausage recipes this year...

·
Registered
851 Posts
a full sized hog is obviously a lot stronger than a potbelly. I've seen a potbelly boar bite hold of a section of cattle panel and pry it up to let everyone out. Not the clips go at ground level, pig's eye level and the top

Snuffy Smith said:
Just built a new pen the other day. I guarantee this ones escape proof. I used 4 ft hog panels this time and buried the bottom part of the panels in the ground. Last time I used only 3 ft panels, and "Red eyed gravy" jumped right out of the pen, and was laughing about it. I'm expecting delivery of new gilts any day now. I still have quite a bit of pork left from the last 2 that I raised and harvested. I enjoyed many good BBQ's this Summer and fed many family and friends. I'm looking forward to Doing some links this time and mabey trying to smoke my own hams and bacon. There's also a good German family owned meat processor close by if I don't feel like messing with it. They make really good sausage. The sausage that I made last year turned out really good. I may try some new sausage recipes this year...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, If they get out of this pen, I'll pour cement around the bottom and use razor wire around the perimeter with a 24 hour armed guard with instructions to shoot to kill!! :haha:

·
Registered
851 Posts
:haha: I think what we have here is a failure to communicate :haha:

are you old enough to remember? if not, rent "cool hand luke"

Snuffy Smith said:
Hey, If they get out of this pen, I'll pour cement around the bottom and use razor wire around the perimeter with a 24 hour armed guard with instructions to shoot to kill!! :haha:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! Everyone's so helpful. :haha: If they ever do escape, I'll invite everyone over for the BBQ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts