Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://nymag.com/news/features/all-new/53372/

The New Paranoia: Hedge-Funders Are Bullish on Gold, Guns, and Inflatable Lifeboats

During the final months of 2008, as the financial markets imploded, talk on trading desks turned to food and water stockpiles, generators, guns, and high-speed inflatable boats. “The system really was about six hours from failing,” says Gene Lange, a manager at a midtown hedge fund, referring to the week in September when Lehman went bust and AIG had to be bailed out. “When you think about how close we were to the precipice, I don’t think it necessarily makes a guy crazy to prepare for the potential worst-case scenario.” [....]
So, don't be surprised if while wearing your tinfoil hat, people mistake you for a hedge fund manager. :D

--sgl

·
Registered
204 Posts
I seem to recall a Chuck Norris movie where he was crusing around in an inflatable zodiac made of bulle-proof material. That is a must ...

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
High speed inflatable boats? Is this a hole in my preps I'm missing?

Must ... stockpile ... inflatable boats
Well shoot!! Now I have to find a source for high speed inflatable boats. Hummm, then I have the problem of figuring out which closet has room to store it.

Well, double shoot!! Then this will also means there are further holes in my preps!!!

I'll have to have get a portable pump to inflate it; a patch kit in case of a leak; life jackets; a flare gun in case I'm lost at sea; shark repellent; a separate first aid kit for the boat; an extra rope pull for the motor; extra gas and oil for the engine; water proof inflatable key ring; extra engine parts; an anchor; fishing poles;.........:rotfl:

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
It is amusing to speculate on just how these financial workers are going to survive the crisis they are forseeing when most of them have trouble walking 3 blocks to the Starbucks.

I guess they think you can just go from hedge fund manager to Chuck Norris overnight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts