New Nutritional Experiement

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by MOJILL, Sep 3, 2006.

1. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

Well I'm going into my 3rd week of being meat-free.

No political or relgious reasons.........I just like trying things to help me in my quest to be healthier in the second half of my life than I was in the first.

I haven't cut out dairy or eggs (though haven't had any eggs since I started) - - just all meat.

I'm following a "vegetarian diet for runners" guide so I don't miss out on any of the nutrients I need to stay fit - and so far so good (I think).

I think combining this with my trying to stay on point with Weight Watchers has helped me drop another couple pounds as well.

Thanks for letting me share

Jill

2. primal1

primal1 Well-Known Member Supporter

After doing the lemon cleansing which I posted a a month or so ago, I pretty much cut meat out of my diet too... it does feel good. :)
    I am eating meat again but nowhere near the quantities I was used to. I am not sure I can ever completely give it up but certainly I will never go back to how I used to eat it.
    My roommate introduced me to the vegetarian diet for runners, it's great:)

3. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

Good job on the healthier lifestyle! I was surprised while researching vegetarians (yes I research everything!) just how many well known athletes were vegetarians and vegans.