Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ages Ago Acres Nubians
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I simply HATE trying to take new kid pics. Either they are still all *crumbled up & looking odd* or they won't stand still.... took a set of twin bucks (born a few days ago) out front for first pics...sat them down & off they ran.. here are a few of examples of the shots we got while attempting to get a simple standing pose from each side LOL...After half an hour we ended up with a couple *keeper* pics of the bucks..not even going to try the new set of twins (buck/spotted doe) until tomorrow.
bonging down the sidewalk

Orbs trying to chew his brother *steve's* ear off LOL

finally... standing still.. Ages Ago Acres I-C-Orbs

susie

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,441 Posts
Those are GREAT photos, Susie! I can only imagine how long it took you to get "keeper" photos, finally - LOL!

NeHi

·
Ages Ago Acres Nubians
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so cute.... I love that spotted buck.... you gonna keep him as a buck?
yes, I'll be keeping him as a buck (he's not the most correct buckling, but he's nice enough - for what I'm keeping him for) He also comes from a line that is heavy, heavy with spots & milk (both of which.. spots & milk.. are my big sellers) I can never keep up with the demand for spotted kids - add in a decent udder & a goodly amount of milk- it's a win win situation. I rarely keep spotted kids for myself (I actually love nice solid brown nubians that are easy on the eyes & can still fill a milk pail) BUT.. it's the spots that sell and cover the feed bill for all those brown plain janes LOL. .. I have a couple spotted bucks & several spotted does that keep us seeing spots LOL... I don't NEED another buck, but this little guy is one of the last babies I'll ever get out of my herdsire Morrie (nice, BROWN Crownhill line buck that I lost back in July) ... I just couldn't resist keeping him.
susie

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
Nubian babies are just so cute! Love the spots myself, I would not be able to resist keeping him either.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
I love the multi color, granted im not a dairy breed kinda gal but I have never seen those tones, other wise i would have one!

·
Small scale homesteader
725 Posts
Oh my God! Orb is beautiful! All three of my girls are bred to spotted bucks.. Hopefully they turn out as gorgeous as Orb.. Love the name too..

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
They are both beautiful. I love plain Jane brown Nubians too Never let anyone tell you that Boers are anything like a Nubian. It just ain't true!
Congratulations on some great pics (I love the flying through the air shot) and some great kids.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
beautiful markings! Thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Are they standing still because they are piddling? That is the only way I can get a nice side shot of a buckling. That "pose" is very manly even though they are just relieving themselves. LOL By the way, Nice babies!!!! Love all the spots. Thats the one thing I don't get with my ND's. You are sooo lucky.

·
Ages Ago Acres Nubians
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are they standing still because they are piddling? That is the only way I can get a nice side shot of a buckling. That "pose" is very manly even though they are just relieving themselves. LOL By the way, Nice babies!!!! Love all the spots. Thats the one thing I don't get with my ND's. You are sooo lucky.
"pee-age" is how I usually end up with my best boy pictures, but Orbs was not peeing in either of the still pics. Just chasing his brother around the yard. I'm happy to report Orb is also not nearly as rounded on his rear. He's level out thankfully and is looking better every day. More spots are also becoming noticeable. Thanks for all the compliments everyone..
it's been a long couple of days here. (baby watch) FINALLY one of the two does I've been staring at kidded around 4am.. QUADS!!!! (2 little boys & 2 little girls) have spent the day getting them to poop and nurse.. but everyone is strong and doing well. Stella (big black with LONGGGGG silver ears) is going to simply explode if she doesn't go soon. (she lost her plug a few days ago. Ligaments totally gone now, udder filling up... we keep watching, she keeps eating LOL Don't think she's raised her head out of the hayfeeder in the last 24 hours. She was awake last night while Shaleen was kidding.. (everyone else was sleeping) but Stella was chewing away..
susie

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Throwing in my compliments too! Orbs a looker alright! Congrats on the quads too..you must be in baby heaven=exhaustion hehehe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts