New Litter of Pyrenees pups!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ozark_jewels, Jun 19, 2006.

1. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh boy! Jill just had a litter of 12 Pyrenees puppies. This is her first litter and she lost one, so 11 are left. The rest are eating well, and look extremely healthy. Some are pure white and some have the badger markings like their sire, Boris. They are really beautiful.....:) I wasn't expecting her to have this many!! Will be for sale when ready if anyone is interested. Mother and father are both very good LGD's. Pure Pyrenees, not registered.

2. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

I tell you what, just throw a couple of them in a big envelope and send them to me! I've been looking high and low and just can't find one anywhere around here!

Congrats!
    Wing

3. cjb

cjb Well-Known Member Supporter

Cute! We demand pictures.

4. ozark_jewels

I'll keep that envelope idea in mind........;)

I'd love to send pics, but can't with this computer as its not set-up for downloading from the camera. I've got the pictures sitting here in my camera....and I can't download them. I'll try and send some as soon as I get my regular computer up.:) Here are a couple pics of Jill(their mother) taken in January. She loves her job!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The puppies were born in that barn behind Jill.

5. cowgirlracer

cowgirlracer Well-Known Member

Wyoming & building a homestead in Kentucky
    Congratulations - I can't wait for your computer to get up & running :) I will keep you in mind for a couple of years from now. I definitely want a GP or two, but just can't do it yet. But please post pictures so I can dream.

Anne
    Cowgirlracer
    :hobbyhors

6. Debara

Debara Well-Known Member

is your little goat sitting on top of your dog? that is just so cute! i would love to have one of those puppies.. tooo bad you werent in florida! DEB :rolleyes:

7. ScorpionFlower

ScorpionFlower Insanity prevails

CONGRADULATIONS!!!! Wow that's a large litter!!!

I was just going to ask where you are... florida! I'm in CA.... hmmm, maybe I can talk hubby into my taking a vacation and drive out to florida!!! LOL We also have been looking everywhere for Great Pyranees. It's been 6 months now. We're not really interested in getting a registered pyr and that's the only ones we can find. Hmmmmm

8. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

I want one, Emily! I know I must be nuts, already having two (neutered boys). But I want one JUST to live with the goats.

NeHi Mama

9. ozark_jewels

Yes, he is. :) Chubs was the first kid of the season and Jill and he were great pals. He spent more time with her than he did with his mother!

10. ozark_jewels

Well....its not quite that far, we are in Missouri, not Florida. ;) Come on out in a few months.....they'll be ready to go. :)

11. ozark_jewels

I'll consider one sold, Loretta......I know it will have a good life with you.... :) Do you have a preference for male or female??

12. ozark_jewels

I'll get pics on here just as soon as I can. I'm having withdrawal as I am usually a photo-aholic.... :)

13. christij

christij Well-Known Member

How much are the pups going for? My shepard mix loves our goats -- from our yard! She sits on one side of the fence and the two boys on the other. I just don't trust her in with them since she wasn't raised with them... I think she would chase and play rough...... but she prefers to lay out in our yard and watch them vs coming in and being with us!!!!!!

14. nehimama

I think I'd like a female pup, Emily. Do you know of any pros/cons between male/female LGDs?

15. ozark_jewels

I think your smart not to let your yard dog stay with the goats. It takes a special temperment in a dog to live with all those bouncy "toys" and not give chase...... ;)
    These pups will be $100 at weaning.

16. ozark_jewels

Thats fine. I'll save one for you. :) Do you have a preference about badger markings or all white?? The badger markings may very well fade as they mature....
    Pros/cons between males/females?? Not really, depends more on their individual temperment it seems. Of course if your going to have a pair living with the goats....its better to have a male/female pair. They tend to get along better.

17. ozark_jewels

Ok, finally got my computer up and pictures of a sort can be sent. They are large as I haven't figured the computer all the way yet. Apologize for their size. These are pics of the day they were born. I'll get week old pics tonight at milking time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

aaawwww i am IN LOVE lol, if i were set up right again and you were closer i would be SOOOO HAPPY lol, i miss my LGD's and farm setup you are VERY LUCKY

19. nehimama

I think I'd like one with badger markings, Emily. Got one of those in a female model?

20. ozark_jewels

Yep, sure do!! I'll put her down as sold! I think I have two females with badger markings.....might want to come over in a couple weeks and pick out which one you want.