New kids!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by horsehelper, Dec 9, 2006.

1. horsehelper

horsehelper Well-Known Member

Two little boys born this morning to a first freshener 18 month old doe. Mom and sons all doing fine. Now I get to sleep all night tonight! :dance: Been doing every two hour checks for the past week, and darn, it's cold when you get right out of bed to run outside. At least she had them in the daylight, and in a little warmer weather than we've had lately.
    [​IMG]

2. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Cute. I see lotsa bucks being born into these posts - hope this isn't a buck year....

3. mare

mare Well-Known Member Supporter

oh so cute!!!!! is that a black one or choclate?? how sweet they are..

4. mare

i hope this is a buck year--that is the only way i will ever sell mine. lol

5. goatedintoit

goatedintoit Truly Gems ADGA Nubians

How adorable. Very lovely.

6. horsehelper

horsehelper Well-Known Member

He's black, but does have some brown shading under his eyes. we'll see how he colors out as he gets older. I've had three this week ...all bucks, but I agree, that's a sure way to be able to sell them. Last spring I had 30 kids...16 bucks and 14 does, so I can't complain.

7. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Well, maybe for you. $75 for a meat kid or a pet wether, vs $300 for a registered doeling. I'll take the does, thanks.

8. Kstornado11

Kstornado11 Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh they are adorable!! What breed are they ? Congrats!! :clap:

9. dap

dap lilsparrow

They are adorable!!! Those ears are nearly bigger than they are!! How cute! :baby04:

10. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Awww man now I want baby goats again :rolleyes: . Didn't I JUST get done with baby goats? LOL.....*sigh*........I have to wait all the way until Feb. 8th for mine :Bawling: .

Cute cute cute babys :) . Gotta love them long ears (mine end up having no ears :rolleyes: :p ).

MotherClucker

11. mare

DocM-- i wont sell my does yet cuz i am just trying to build up my herd. but you are right, if i was at that stage $300 versus $75--wouldnt be a hard decision at all.

12. Dian

Dian Well-Known Member

3 babies so far, all boys. I hope I get at least a couple of girls. 4 more nannies to go, sometimes between now and the middle of January.
    Dian

13. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Post some pics! If you have does as cute as those boys above, someone will fall for them, lol.

14. mare

i'm sure they would but i need to keep my does---besides i only have one reg doe, the rest are x's. but i dont think it matters as far as being cute when they are kids, all kids are cute!!!!!!!!!!!

15. henpen61

henpen61 Member

Awww they are sooo cute.Congrats :)
    Now i want goat babys :Bawling:

16. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

My first doe is bred for March kids. then the next is due April. Then the rest will be due in June/July/August areas. The minis aren't even bred yet, they're still being flushed for the breeding season (Jan/Feb/March). No goat babies for me for a while. :(

Nubian ears are so cute. Congrats on your adorable babies! I especially like that white/brown one, he's purty. :)

17. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats!
    So far we are one for one here...lol
    After three years of buck years (as in 2/3rds bucks, 1/3rd does) we finally got a doe year this year. 2 more does born than bucks. lol
    Frankly, I'd prefer at least one buck for each doe, in the case of triplets two bucks would be nice. :eek:)
    We are about where we want to be size wise for our breeding herd (around 50). I don't want to be too tempted. I'm raising as many doelings as possible on prevention and the majority of wethers will be left on their dams to be raised for meat. It's how our goats earn their keep here. They clean up the pasture and woods on the 80 acres and they raise plump, healthy wethers to sell at the end of the year.
    Only use I have for goat's milk at this stage is soap.....you only need so much milk for soap..lol

We have 7 does in the barn getting ready to kid in the next month...in January (after those 7 are done) we'll have 13 more to go...then I get a break in Feb!
    I'm hoping for some of those ears, but these elf ears are sure hard to breed out once they are there! lol
    I'd love to start registering some more of the herd, but when a 7/8 Nubian, 1/8 LaMancha/Alpine doeling is born with elf ears and a roman nose there isn't a thing I can do except hope that her kids out of a Nubian can be recorded as 50%.

Those kids are adorable! Looks like momma had a clue after giving birth. lol

18. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Congrats on the new babies. I wish you lots of luck and fun with them.

I'm waiting on mine to be born suppose to have some in 01-15-07

Again Congrats..

19. mare

i was going to post some pics of my doelings from this spring/fall but the posting rules say i cant post att. anybody know why this is?? i've posted pics before!

20. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the babies, they sure are cute!