Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The official autopsy results confirm the police officer's story of the shooting. They show Brown was shot at close range in the hand which matches perfectly with the officer's account of a struggle for the gun while he was still in his patrol car. They also do not support the claim that Brown's hands were in the air when Wilson shot him in the street and show Brown was moving toward Wilson when he was shot.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/22/new-information-released-on-michael-brown-case/

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
The "community" won't accept that. The few that speak out and recognize the truth are marginalized. Possibly the greatest disservice to American unity and progress was Obama signing onto the Trayvon media PR campaign. That really spoke to his character. While he benefited from a privileged upbringing he was quick to employ a tactic that is despicable.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
And send a copy to the man who said: "If I had a son...."

Maybe he'll mention it to his lapdog Holder?

Although I've heard that the DOJ had done their 'own'
autopsy on the body as well......just haven't released the findings.....yet.

Anyone want to take bets that they ever will . . .?

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
They're releasing bits and pieces of exonerating evidence in hopes of easing the announcement there'll be no indictment. It won't help. I heard the family's atty, Ben Crump, last night on Fox. He kept talking about "their" witnesses, and "their" autopsy. He wouldn't accept even one item being released as truth.

If there was a shred of evidence against the officer, Holder would have had charges against him faster than you can say racist DOJ.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Crump should have been disbarred after the Trayvon Martin escapade. Instead he's become a national blight.
Wouldn't affect him much since he doesn't seem to actually practice law. He wasted all that time in school to become a race baiter...somebody should have told him you don't need a degree for that.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,913 Posts
I can understand the family being unable to accept any reality except that a bad copped gunned down their kid. What boggles my mind is how many other people, who have nothing to gain, also cling to that belief. The lawyer is milking the case for all the publicity and money that it can send his way. The professional race agitators, they are using it to keep their fame and fortune alive, too. So even though their motivations aren't pure, they do make sense. But it makes no sense whatsoever for those crowds of people to be so brainwashed into believing the original scenario that Brown's buddy put out, that he was shot in the back with hands in the air. The "private" autopsy proved that was false within days. The guy has recanted his story. But still, every shot of the protestors on the news, there are signs and shirts "hands up don't shoot". Are so many people really so weak minded? Or is there so much resentment for whites still simmering just under the surface they somehow WANT it to be true, to justify their own hate? It's just sad, crazy and maddening all rolled into one.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Maybe it has a lot to do with only "positive" information being leaked and how it's been spun by the authorities. Interesting that so many who disbelieve most government info are so quick to believe this one. Maybe the words of the pathologist who did the analysis will shed some more light. Maybe not. http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/forensic-expert-says-michael-brown-autopsy
You are absolutely correct. Here's a quote from the article:
“You cannot interpret autopsy reports in a vacuum. You need to do it in the context of the scene, the investigation and the witness statements,” Dr. Judy Melinek said. “Sometimes when you take things out of context they can be more inflammatory.”
That is exactly opposite of what Crump did with the families sponsored autopsy. Crump released exactly what evidence he decided best and said exactly the words he wanted regarding it. There was no "complete" report given to the media at that time. There were only small pieces issued in such a way as to lead media, and their viewership to certain conclusions. All without any form of cross-examination or critique of the evidence.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
You are absolutely correct. Here's a quote from the article:

That is exactly opposite of what Crump did with the families sponsored autopsy. Crump released exactly what evidence he decided best and said exactly the words he wanted regarding it. There was no "complete" report given to the media at that time. There were only small pieces issued in such a way as to lead media, and their viewership to certain conclusions. All without any form of cross-examination or critique of the evidence.
I won't argue that both sides have acted in what they see as their own best interest. I expect no less from lawyers and private citizens. I expect more from elected officials and those appointed to uphold the law. I don't know what happened in Ferguson and doubt I ever really will.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I won't argue that both sides have acted in what they see as their own best interest. I expect no less from lawyers and private citizens. I expect more from elected officials and those appointed to uphold the law. I don't know what happened in Ferguson and doubt I ever really will.
That's what's interesting in this case. People are asking that a young man be charged with Murder for killing Michael Brown. Thousands have taken to the street demanding this, yet all the official evidence released to date does not prove his guilt.

What has happened is the narrative of what has happened has been controlled in such a way as to lead people to a guilty conclusion. Then a switch is made where instead of having to prove that Wilson is guilty people assume his guilt and any suggestion otherwise is to try and place guilt upon Brown.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Maybe it has a lot to do with only "positive" information being leaked and how it's been spun by the authorities. Interesting that so many who disbelieve most government info are so quick to believe this one. Maybe the words of the pathologist who did the analysis will shed some more light. Maybe not. http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/forensic-expert-says-michael-brown-autopsy
I like that positive part :flame: No evidence Brown was a thug .There have been face book pages of him as a thug ,roughed up a guy in a store, walking in middle of a street .Now who would expect him to just all of a sudden start to act like he had the sense of a grasshopper when the cop ask him to get out of the road .I wonder how he lived as long as he did :angel:

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
What I find interesting is that, when police killings are investigated quickly and information is released in an even-handed manner, the controversy quickly subsides.

That seems to be true whether or not charges are ever filed against an officer.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
What I find interesting is that, when police killings are investigated quickly and information is released in an even-handed manner, the controversy quickly subsides.

That seems to be true whether or not charges are ever filed against an officer.
How long since you was in St Louis Mo or worse yet Memphis Tn .Just go get the feel of the place :runforhills:

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
How long since you was in St Louis Mo or worse yet Memphis Tn .Just go get the feel of the place :runforhills:
I was in St. Louis last year and in Memphis about four years ago.

Of course that doesn't have much of anything to do with the fact that the incident that is stirring the crowds in Ferguson happened Aug. 9 and, as of yet (and not in the foreseeable future), little of the official investigation has been released through the proper channels.

Contrast that to police-related deaths in other cities for which official information was quickly available. Many of those places are primed for public demonstrations. Few happened because the information was quickly available.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts