Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all these years, I am on a hunting lease. I have always hunted public land mostly. One of the guys that got off the lease sold me his buddy stand already put up in a good spot. I'm going to need a booster seat to see over the rail but other than that I'm good to go. I'm excited about the hunting season now. I don't like being able to see the owners house and barn from the stand. I am right handed and most of my field of view has their place in the background. There is a pond on it. I am going to check it out. I may hunt in a ground blind there . The stand is hard to get to right now due to crops still being in the field. I want to be able to use the 4 wheeler to get my deer out so I may hunt the front of it until they get the crops out. Here is a view from the stand.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
How beautiful. Good for you!
I wish we lived closer, I could learn much from you

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish we did too. It would be cool to yak together!!

Reactions: roadless

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
LOL, I wish your new stand was in my orchard. I could sure use your hunting skills to take out the deer that think they own the place...

Seriously, I am sure you will do very well on your hunting lease -- looking forward to your pics as the season goes forward!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts