Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of the virgin kind as well as the repeat start ups. I was thinking this morning while reading the other post and realized that we have a fairly large number of new/ renewing homesteaders on this forum. They tell us their tail of whoa and we commiserate and move on. Many years ago when many of us began our homestead journey there was no journal to go to for advice, no forum for kinship and shared ideas. That was hard, we mostly had to learn to step over the hole by falling into it and breaking a bone first. While I was excited and glorifying the move to my new homestead I pushed away the long, long list of problems and issues I would quickly confront. Everything from animal issues to weather issues...we all moved through the gauntlet and saw some sunshine on the other side.

I just want everyone to know that it is ok to whine sometimes, express your frustration, anger, fear...whatever. We are all walking the same road, some behind us and some in front of us. Welcome to modern homesteading....feel free to share your journey. sis

·
Registered
129 Posts
of the virgin kind as well as the repeat start ups. I was thinking this morning while reading the other post and realized that we have a fairly large number of new/ renewing homesteaders on this forum. They tell us their tail of whoa and we commiserate and move on. Many years ago when many of us began our homestead journey there was no journal to go to for advice, no forum for kinship and shared ideas. That was hard, we mostly had to learn to step over the hole by falling into it and breaking a bone first. While I was excited and glorifying the move to my new homestead I pushed away the long, long list of problems and issues I would quickly confront. Everything from animal issues to weather issues...we all moved through the gauntlet and saw some sunshine on the other side.

I just want everyone to know that it is ok to whine sometimes, express your frustration, anger, fear...whatever. We are all walking the same road, some behind us and some in front of us. Welcome to modern homesteading....feel free to share your journey. sis
I think the smartest people always have a plan, no debt and they ease into things slowly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts