Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,I am moving in 24 more days and really would like to find a new home for my laying hens I have 2 buff opringtons and 2 rhode island reds. I am get 2 to 3 eggs a day from them and have only had them a short time. The rhodes are a year old and buffs 3 years old. I have them in a chicken tractor here where I live off of busy 322.

If you are in the state college area and would be interested in them let me know. I also have a Royal palm trukey that is around 10 weeks old but I am not sure if hubby is ready to get rid of him yet. Thanks ,Heidi

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
I don't know which state college area you are in, but in our area the small town local paper runs "animals for free" ads for nothing. Also our local animal rescue group will take chickens too, and find them a home, you can request a "no-kill" home. You might also check on your local church---they frequently know lots of different folks. Just some thoughts if you get desperate.

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
I THINK State College is in Pennsylvania but Im probably wrong. If you were closer Id take them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you don't get any takers on this board try backyardchickens.com. It is highly used and they have a forum for buy and trade and such. It's how I found a home for my chickens when I moved recently. Great site! Theresa.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
State College Pa, Sorry about that. I got these chickens from a lady on Backyard chickens so I hate to list them on there. But I am sure there has to be someone who would want them in the area. I didn't want to list them on the paper either because I know they will become dinner rather than egg layers for someone.Thnks though. Heidi

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
frontiergal said:
Hi everyone,I am moving in 24 more days and really would like to find a new home for my laying hens I have 2 buff opringtons and 2 rhode island reds. I am get 2 to 3 eggs a day from them and have only had them a short time. The rhodes are a year old and buffs 3 years old. I have them in a chicken tractor here where I live off of busy 322.

If you are in the state college area and would be interested in them let me know. I also have a Royal palm trukey that is around 10 weeks old but I am not sure if hubby is ready to get rid of him yet. Thanks ,Heidi

Thanks everyone for inquiring. All have been adopted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts