New Here

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by miss_dee, Oct 29, 2006.

1. miss_dee

miss_dee Well-Known Member

Hello, everybody. This is my first time posting here. I've been coming to the HT site for a long time, and have posted occasionally on other boards, and until recently didn't have a real interest in the weight loss area, but about a month and a half ago, decided it was time to take charge of my weight. I have struggled with my weight about 20 years (since I became a mom). I would diet and meet with some temporary success, then gain it all back. I finally decided to join Weight Watchers, and it has been the best $40 a month I ever spent. I am stingy with my money, and had always considered it a waste. I'm smart enough, can read labels, and can cut back. Everybody knows you just have to take in less calories than you use. Well, there's a right way to cut back and a wrong way. Before I always cut out too much, and after a few weeks of depriving myself, always went back to my old ways. With WW, I eat almost anything I want to. Just have to keep track of what I eat. In 7 weeks I have lost 15 pounds. I fought hunger the first week, but it got easier after that. I probably sound like a WW commercial, but I am truly a believer now.

I'm going to post a couple of recipes I like that are diet-friendly as soon as i get a chance, and would love to see any that the rest of you add, too. My husband doesn't like "diet" food, so I'm looking for things that a family would enjoy.

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

Thanks for joining us...I hope you enjoy it and find success!