New Ellie Moo pic

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by needstoknowmore, Apr 18, 2006.

1. needstoknowmore

needstoknowmore Rattlin Rock Ranch

Here she is. I might get another day or two out of the halter, before it is too small. I have been trying to teach her to lead, thats going slowly. But her legs are doing well. Last week when I was so excited, it was the other leg I had the splint off. I have left this one off. This was the worst of the two legs. She seems to be doing very well on the leg. It doesn't look perfect to me, but I don't know what I should be expecting to get from it. But she can walk without going down on the joint. To me that is good!!!!!! She is now 40 days old!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

She's looking great!! You'll have to tell her she has quite the fan club. I am so relieved she is not only making it, but thriving. I'm also glad to see the one or two other posts about blind cows that have worked out for their owners.

Just to give you an idea of how much faith my students have, I Ellie Moo after reading the meter man post. I said, "Oh yea, there was a post about Ellie Moo yesterday or today.

My class almost in unison said, "She can see?!". Of course I told them it was about the fact that she's stealing everyone's hearts, but the class is sure on her side thinking big things for her. As always, give her a special hug from Arizona!

3. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

My husband and I are always on the lookout for the latest Ellie Moo update. She sure looks pretty with her little red halter. Glad to hear she's doing well!

Lynda

4. needstoknowmore

I am so glad that we have so much support behind us! This has been a tough road. There where a couple of times I didn't know if I had the stregnth to continue. But seeing her be able to walk, made it all worth it. It was as exciting to me as when the goats kidded and when I watched my duck eggs hatch!!!!
    I hope to be able to post a picture of her soon without any splints on. Not sure when. Still taking it one day at a time. She is one spoiled calf. But I am loving every minute of it!!!!

5. needstoknowmore

This leg just doesn't look ready to be without the splint. But she will have an hour of complete freedom. After 30 days of splints, I caused my first sore. Not bad just the hair gone. So I am going to wait until hubby gets home to cut an inch of the splint before I put it back on. She is getting around on it, but I just don't feel it is ready yet.

[​IMG]

And if she gets her site back, her and the kids will have to meet in person!!!!!

6. Christina R.

Ellie Moo gets more and more precious with each picture I see. It sure would be one heck of a field trip to come see her!!! Blessing to all on your farm!!

7. chrisnev

chrisnev Well-Known Member

Oh my she is sooo cute!!! I havent been following her so I have to go back and read about Ellie-moo..What caught my eye was mu Moms name is Ellie and my Husbands Mom is Ellie also!!! Good Luck with her And just a foot note the 2 women I fore mentioned are very strong loving girls!!! Chris

8. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

She is such a sweetie!

Lynda

9. Christina R.

How's Ellie Moo these days? Give her a hug from all of us!!