New Dutch Bunny

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by southrngardngal, Dec 26, 2005.

1. southrngardngal

southrngardngal Well-Known Member

Our two youngest grandchildren have been wanting a rabbit for a pet so dear hubby and I decided (after talking to Mom and Dad and Grands) that for Christmas we would give then a rabbit each, a cage, water bottles, feeders and food. When Dear Hubby went to pick up the baby bunnies for the Grands, he decided that Granny should have a new bunny too. So he bought me a beautiful dutch doe. She has all the markings of the dutch and is a blue-gray color. I have looked on the breeder sites but can't determine which color (for sure) that she is. No matter she is gorgeous and will be a pet. We named her Heidi. For someone not too sure if his wife should get into rabbits and chickens, my dear loving husband sure is feeding my habit. Hee Hee Hee. What a man!!!

2. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Sounds like a beautiful doe. It seems that if you were looking at breeder's sites you would have run across the "blue" coloring, which is blue-grey, but incase you haven't do a google image search for blue dutch.

I'm sure you'll have fun with your new girl, Heidi is a wonderful name. :)

http://www.bluedutch.co.uk/mediac/400_0/media/Picture~646.jpg -- blue dutch

[​IMG]

3. Tarot Farm

Tarot Farm Well-Known Member

I wish that I could find some nice Dutch here in my area! I can hardly find any rabbits at all. (Most of what I do find, I would not bring them home!)