New Cabela's

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Bwana, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Bwana

Bwana Well-Known Member

Well, I went to the new Cabela's store here in Wisconsin, about an hour south of where I live. Cool place, very similar to the one they opened back around '98 in Prairie du Chien, WI except that one didn't have an upstairs if I recall. These are just a few of the pics I took. Not the greatest quality but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave *showed much self control, didn't even spend $50!* :baby04:

2. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

Wish we had a Cabela's close by. That just ain't fair! :(

3. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

That's what I said when I saw those pictures!

4. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Go long on the decor don't they! WOW!!!

5. Rowenna7

Rowenna7 Looking for my place...

Which city is the new Cabela's in? I live fairly close to the one in Prairie du Chien, it is so interesting to visit, I especially like the big display with the white wolves, gorgeous! I need to get there sometime soon to get new clips for the DH's pistols and a new revolver chamber for my pistol. Not to mention I'm trying to talk the DH into getting me a bigger deer rifle...*LOL*

6. Bwana

Bwana Well-Known Member

The new one is in Richfield, WI. The exit off of Hwy 41 is #60, the 145 exit. Kinda near where 41 and 45 come together just north of Milwaukee, near Germantown, or at least the exit for Germantown. Is that thoroughly confusing? LOL!

Dave

7. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

dave, thanks for the pics. My dave wanted to go too. We should have gone!

8. Stephen in SOKY

Stephen in SOKY Well-Known Member

We're getting Cabelas 25 miles from my home! Already have Bass Pro 60 miles away. Southern KY will never be the same!

9. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

We have a Cabela's in Sidney, NE where it all started. In fact, I have been part timing it at night in the Distribution Center.
    Did I mention my employee discount? :p

10. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

I think there are three Cabelas here in Minnesota, all 200 or more miles from me, but there is a Gander Mountain just 65 miles away in Duluth. I was in a Cabelas once near Grand Rapids, Michigan (or I think it was Grand Rapids). Our Gander Mountain looks like a Cabelas' "starter kit", they have some stuff and in 20 minutes you can have looked at everything in the store.

11. huntress4203

huntress4203 alias mullinaxclan

We just got a new sportsman's warehouse about 30 miles away and I've heard that we'll have a Cabela's soon in Fife, WA.

12. Bwana

Bwana Well-Known Member

Does he ever! LOL! Of course, we know he wouldn't need to get any ammo for himself...he only needs the one box of .30-30 right? 20 cartridges, 20 bucks. Well, maybe 18 bucks, gotta do a couple sighters once every ten years! :nerd: :baby04:

Dave

13. LindaVistaFarm

LindaVistaFarm Well-Known Member

Here in Charlotte, NC we are blessed with a Bass Pro Shop and a Gander Mountain. You can spend a whole day just looking around in these two stores. The Gander Mt has more guns out on the floor for you to look at and handle. You can actually touch and handle about every type of long gun you can imagine. I love it in there. I think when they opened, they advertised that they had over 1500 guns on the floor for our viewing pleasure. Man I almost OD in that place looking at different guns. Was up almost all night just thinking about which one I was gonna get next. Man it is hard being a man. LOL

Johnny

14. travlnusa

travlnusa Well-Known Member

Do they have the "Bargin Cave" there?

I know I buy alot from their location in Owatonna, MN. Love that you can wheel and deal with them.

15. Paquebot

Paquebot Well-Known Member

You can check out the locations of the Cabela stores here: www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/home/home.jsp? Flyer for the Grand Opening of the Richfield store was in Sunday's Wisconsin State Journal. Closer for me than the Prairie du Chien store but still a long drive. Especially since I'm only about 10-12 minutes from a Gander Mountain!

Martin

16. Turkeyfether

Turkeyfether Well-Known Member

Looks like our Hamburg,Pa store.Great fun to visit!But I like to support our local-yokals' sporting goods stores. They're the guys you need when something goes wrong or if you need something right away on the day of the hunt.If we don't support small businessmen,they won't be there any longer when we need them.
    Also,I prefer the comraderie & the assitance they give.These big chains don't have the same concern for their customers as a store owner does.The number of customers of these stores are too great & they can't spend the same amount of time as small businesses can. They(small businesses) taught me how to turkey call,have invited me on hunts,etc. :)

17. Highground

Highground Well-Known Member

We have been to the one in Dundee, Michigan. Beautiful place.
    But why did they build that big trout stream in there, stock it with large trout, sell fishing rods, but won't let me fish? :shrug:

18. rwinsouthla

rwinsouthla Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope to make you all drool. There is a new Cabela's opening up in a year and a half about three miles from my house between New Orleans and Baton Rouge, LA. I can't wait!!!!! I've been to the one in Dundee Michigan a year ago and it was awesome. I now know that I will never retire because I'll spend every available dime at that place!

19. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

Heck, I got me a Cabela's store right here in my computer, really don't see any need to cut down the trees and clear 10, 15, 20 acres to build any more :)

20. Highground

Highground Well-Known Member

Let's see ya reach in there and get one of those Elk meat sandwiches. :D