Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I picked up this buckling from Poppy Patch in WA. I just went and got him as he had been at her house at first. He's pretty freaked out and skittish being dam raised and in a new place, plus it is rainy today so I stuffed him into a kidding pen in the barn. Oh, and these are cell phone pics with poor lighting. So don't use these pics to judge conformation as he is actually quite nicely put together. Last night, I was watching him move around and he's a nice looking boy! I have high hopes for him, and if his daughters turn out as nice as I am hoping, he'll be here a good long time! His dam is Poppy Patch CM Catalina and sire is Algedi Farm MB Honeymoon Bay. Here he is, Poppy Patch Guilty As Charged...aka Jailbait.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was a June baby, so it will probably be a little while before he breeds anybody, but as soon as he is willing, I and my friend do have some girls lined out for him. She just took a job in the library at a school by her, so she wants to wait to breed for May kids, I'm guessing he'll be well ready by then and if not, she can use my other Nigerian buck. My does I want to breed to him are ready whenever he is (1 senior and 2 junior does for this year), but not too worried about them getting bred for awhile.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The areas that look black are actually chocolate, too. He has very neat coloring. I didn't get him for his color though, see his dam, Catalina, here http://www.angelfire.com/super2/poppypatch/seniordoes.html
And his sire is Honeymoon Bay, which you can see many examples of his daughters on that website.

I have to admit, I've oggled Shannon's website for a long time, and I'm so happy to finally have a Poppy Patch goat. :) I am hopeful that I get some wonderful offspring from this little guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts