New Baby Goat this morning

Discussion in 'Goats' started by creeklady2000, Jan 17, 2005.

1. creeklady2000

creeklady2000 Well-Known Member

well my alpine kidded yippeeee a big black and white boy :haha: he is doing very well brought him in the house his ears were frozen and he was very very cold and shivering so we brought him in and put him by the furnace and gave him som eof moms milks and he is now standing up in a old play pen in the living room looking around wondering if he was born to azoo with all the dogs looking at him and my one mut Emma said itis her job to protect him from all the other's!!! she is cheif gaurd dog this morning !~!!!! :yeeha:

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! house dogs are funny aren't they. I have one old mutt that when we have goatie house babies just takes over, from then on those house babies no matter how old are allowed on the deck but the others same age adults now or babies can't come up here. Or so Genie says. :haha:

3. creeklady2000

creeklady2000 Well-Known Member

Yea Emma has been snapping at all the other cats and dogs all morning long making sure they stay away from HER baby goat lol :rolleyes: she does this every year but show her achicken and itis chicken dinner time :no: but baby is doing very well sucked down another 8 ounces of colostrum and is fianally sleeping poor swollen little ears he will probably loose the tips of them it has happend before

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

IT is mighty cold here in michigan, but I am glad that you got the little fella. I am expecting babies soon too. Ihace a stack of towels, that I will put in the dryer, and then on the babis all nice and warm. it is so cold here, right now, that it is just terrible.
    glad to hear your little one is doing fine.

5. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm anticipating kidding now that the weather has hit the single digits. Of course, I've been thoroughly convinced she was going into labor for the last 7 weeks. That's the last time I ever let a buck run with the does! Good thing we built a separate pasture since then. What a frustration! Today, though her tail was kind of high and the ligament was pretty much non existent. I've been getting hourly updates from my son and as soon as I hear something out of the ordinary ... or in an hour and a half ... I'm going home!

Ruth

6. marknfl

marknfl Member

congrats. Good to hear about the new edition to the clan up there.

7. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Congratulations! I'm SO jealous of all of you having babies. It has been so long since I have had babies around here. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :p Poor little baby ...sorry about his little ears. Hope they are ok.